circuit approach landing [Q]

mireazma

Hello.

I read the manual instructions for landing for many times but I can't get it right as it's ambiguous. Can somebody point me to / show a diagram for the procedure? I asked the question in here because I'm interested only in the approach for the F22 TAW sim; besides, all the diagrams I found on the net show a whole different approach and they are one and the same, accompanied by a different terminology.

OK just for refernce the Landing approaches are in the original manual pages 102-104..

Now The Only way I can say you will see how it is done if you are not understanding the manul is to line up with the ILS after making a call to Circuit approach landing and then put it in Autopilot Landing mode and watch the show fron an external view..

Hello.

I read the manual instructions for landing for many times but I can't get it right as it's ambiguous. Can somebody point me to / show a diagram for the procedure? I asked the question in here because I'm interested only in the approach for the F22 TAW sim; besides, all the diagrams I found on the net show a whole different approach and they are one and the same, accompanied by a different terminology.

The F-22 autopilot in TAW is actually quite good at landing the plane for you.

Oh yes, but 80% of the time during the campaign you will be on manual landing ANYWAY.

Reasons are that the autopilot is nearly always the first one to go when you get damaged, then of course there are dead stick landings which will also become second nature to you.

Now avoiding damage will be next to impossible once you face Yemen... Their SAM and fighter coverage will quickly make you go Winchester... You will literally be swarmed, and often not even Stealth can help you.

And you'll get down so much quicker with a teardrop manual landing.

However doing an autopilot landing is a good way to see how to do it.

I'm normally in WP autopilot, and when close to my home base I switch to the Autopilot MFD view, call the tower for approval for straight in approach, once given approval I click the "LANDING" button on the Autopilot MFD which immediately takes you from WP autopilot mode to Landing autopilot mode. Depending upon your location in regard to the airbase you might sweep straight in, or sometime do a circuit before landing. The autopilot will call "FINALS", drop the gear, flare and taxi to your appropriate holding pen.