Perhaps a boost for Falcon AF?

Wombat1940

Has potential for F4AF because of the number of tiles it loads (or continues to load) from the hard drive, but TAW not so much. TAW tends to load everything up front, and if you will recall was designed for the P2-300 with 256Mb of RAM.

If there's any program that could really benefit, though, it would probably be FSX. With all the add-on scenery and textures, I've run out of RAM many times on a x86 system. The thing to be concerned about, though, is that you are modifying the EXE, which could have effects on games with copy protection schemes. Again, I think about Microsoft, which requires registration and probably occasionally checks the EXE online like it does in later Windows Operating systems.

I tend to agree, Mower. BMS is the real deal, and right now the only thing AF has going for it over BMS is the Balkan theater. It's just a matter of time.

There're up to beta 8 with Balkan's for BMS4. Check their Forum. Looks like they've started on a desert one to.

There're up to beta 8 with Balkan's for BMS4. Check their Forum. Looks like they've started on a desert one to.

It's only a matter of time. Right now the big thing is waiting for PMC to authorize release of the conversions. Then I see the floodgates opening.

It's only a matter of time. Right now the big thing is waiting for PMC to authorize release of the conversions. Then I see the floodgates opening.

PMC?

Everywhere I read enough to suggest the migration is pending. In fact commencing. I think it will shortly become a flood. There will be casualties as there is in every flood. Some will resist change, some won't change. But I think it could make the Falcon community "unite" under a primary banner: BMS4. I wouldn't have believed this a week ago. ...... God rest Falcon Allied Force.