Important Setup Info for BMS

Hawkx

Wizard,,72nd VFW

Do *NOT* force Anti-Aliasing on a driver-level through your Nvidia or ATI control panel. Turn everything AA-related to OFF if you must, but Application Controlled is fine. BMS has it's own Anti-aliasing settings you can activate from in-game.

BMS requires ports 2934-2937 TCP and UDP, as well as ports 9987-9989 UDP for IVC

by nomis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Just to avoid misunderstandings:

Port 2934 AND Port 2937 both TCP and UDP

OR

Ports 2934, 2935, 2936, 2937 TCP and UDP

Which should be done?

Same question for IVC...

by Strikeout » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm

BMS supports an idle as well as afterburner throttle detent. Open the BMS configuration application and enable the "Idle Detent" feature. Then, Right-click the "Set AB" button on the config screen to set the idle detent. Retarding the throttle below this point will cut fuel to the engine, and is used during shutdown and in-flight emergency restarts.

by Stalker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Cougar owners: If you are having issues getting your cougar to function properly, I have had pretty good success with the Dunc_DX profile in Foxy. I can even switch back and forth between that profile and my Jagstang profile for AF with no problems at all. Note: for TS you will need to change your PTT key, in AF I use the Scroll Lock key (cougar UHF) and in BMS the same UHF button is called JOYSTICK BUTTON 21 because of the DirectX mode of mapping. Hope this helps.

Wizard,,72nd VFW

Do *NOT* force Anti-Aliasing on a driver-level through your Nvidia or ATI control panel. Turn everything AA-related to OFF if you must, but Application Controlled is fine. BMS has it's own Anti-aliasing settings you can activate from in-game.

BMS requires ports 2934-2937 TCP and UDP, as well as ports 9987-9989 UDP for IVC

by nomis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Just to avoid misunderstandings:

Port 2934 AND Port 2937 both TCP and UDP

OR

Ports 2934, 2935, 2936, 2937 TCP and UDP

Which should be done?

Same question for IVC...

by Strikeout » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm

BMS supports an idle as well as afterburner throttle detent. Open the BMS configuration application and enable the "Idle Detent" feature. Then, Right-click the "Set AB" button on the config screen to set the idle detent. Retarding the throttle below this point will cut fuel to the engine, and is used during shutdown and in-flight emergency restarts.

by Stalker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Cougar owners: If you are having issues getting your cougar to function properly, I have had pretty good success with the Dunc_DX profile in Foxy. I can even switch back and forth between that profile and my Jagstang profile for AF with no problems at all. Note: for TS you will need to change your PTT key, in AF I use the Scroll Lock key (cougar UHF) and in BMS the same UHF button is called JOYSTICK BUTTON 21 because of the DirectX mode of mapping. Hope this helps.

Well done ..... all good stuff, know by the experts, but I'm not one of those. I just wish i had more experience with F4AF through there training missions. The BMS4 And BMS2 manuals are not for newbies.

Edit: In regard to the nVidia control panel: HF gave me a great run through on how to setup my GTX275 for a dedicated BMS4 set up. The following S'shot shows my setup:

nv.jpg

Edit2: Did you get you X52 to stabilize?

all good stuff, know by the experts.

Thanks guys!

X52 still way to sensitive. I tend to over control.

My big hint was pit lighting without the back lighting knob.

note;

Now I can zoom in on the knobs I need.

bms-pit-prob.gif

X52 still way to sensitive. I over control

Can you adjust the X52 from within the the options window of BMS4, because it sounds as though its BMS4 specific? Neph should know.

Can you adjust the X52 from within the the options window of BMS4, because it sounds as though its BMS4 specific? Neph should know.

I'll ask Neph.

I looked all over the BMS settings for controler. All I could find was an ajustment of the dead zones.

No help.

Great post, Hawkx. I was unaware that BMS used TCP as well as UDP. Could explain some of the issues I've been having. @Wombat, you will need to add another rule to your router. This time, use the same ports as before, but open them for TCP.

well as ports 9987-9989 UDP for IVC

Just to clarify, these ports are only for the IVC server. IVC client is covered with ports 2936-2937.

@Wombat, you will need to add another rule to your router. This time, use the same ports as before, but open them for TCP.

Just to clarify, these ports are only for the IVC server. IVC client is covered with ports 2936-2937.

Oh ........ really ..... :( .... can't I just leave it .... :unsure: ...... haven't got a clue where to start .... :blush: .... you know what I'm like ...... :rolleyes:

I'll ask Neph.

I looked all over the BMS settings for controler. All I could find was an ajustment of the dead zones.

No help.

Hawk there are NO setting whic will change the sensitivity just move the stick a little bit..

Also Note that this Flight model is made to use the new generation of Force Sensitive Joysticks..

Hawk there are NO setting whic will change the sensitivity just move the stick a little bit..

Also Note that this Flight model is made to use the new generation of Force Sensitive Joysticks..

So there's nothing like this with the X52?:

cougar-1.jpg

Is your X52 very sensitivity also?

Is that what you do? "just move the stick a little bit.."

Is your X52 very sensitivity also?

Is that what you do? "just move the stick a little bit.."

Go over to TS3 now, I've just left there after driving him mad with questions.... :lol:

EDit: no he's gone probably with the headache I gave him .... ;)

But I sure he'll be back .... he looking for pilots.

Well done ..... all good stuff, know by the experts, but I'm not one of those. I just wish i had more experience with F4AF through there training missions. The BMS4 And BMS2 manuals are not for newbies.

In regard to the nVidia control panel: HF gave me a great run through on how to setup my GTX275 for a dedicated BMS4 set up. The following S'shot shows my setup:

Thanks HF & Wombat for the control panel setup pix.

I have a nVidia GeForce 8800 GT card.

I matched your setup pix.

Looks good.

nv.jpg

yes I adjusted the movement it is now more responsive then it was in AF..

OK that's what I need an adjustment.

I see no way to adjust the response in the control panel.

I don't need more,, I need less response

Please tell me how you adjusted your X52 responsive movement.

You can bill me for your consulting.

Im SORRY HAwk I mena by adjusting is How much Force I now Apply to the stick VS from AF.. You will have to treat her like the gentle girl she is.. ;)

But I did find this you may try it:

http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?5752-X52-and-others-sensitivity

First Post..

Also This:

Settings:

Rudder: deadzone, medium | saturation, large

Pitch: deadzone, none | saturation, large

roll: deadzone, none | saturation, small

yes I adjusted the movement it is now more responsive then it was in AF..

I trid to install BMS4 to my Notebook, but no good. Have my X52 running with my Notebook and TAW2.0. Had hoped to check out this sensitivity thingy with BMS4. Sorry about that. But won't try to fix install. Need to spend all my time on the PC and BMS4.

I do have this though.

TM.jpg

It comes with the BMS4. It's the advanced section of the Controllers Setup Menu. Its Falcon 4.0 specific. Hoped there was something like this for the X52.

In regard to the "excess" sensitivity: think of it like riding a motorbike or push bike. When cornering you don't "turn the Handle bars" you just gentle bank it. The only time I turn the handle bars on my motorbike is when turning, or backing at very slow speed. And that's when I fall off. :rolleyes:

OK ..... tried the X52 on my PC with BMS4.

1. It does have the BMS4 controller setup for the X52 window I've shown above. But I didn't fiddle with any setting.

2. IMHO the sensitivity is fine. If it was less sensitive I'd have difficulty cornering my motorbike when at speed ...... she likes me to be gentle ....... ;) In fact I think your X52 is marginally less sensitive than the default, unmodified X and Y (joystick) axial setting on my Cougar. Hope this makes you feel better. :thumbsup:

EDIT: What about the "Enable Custom Axis Shaping"?

Im SORRY HAwk I mena by adjusting is How much Force I now Apply to the stick VS from AF.. You will have to treat her like the gentle girl she is.. ;)

But I did find this you may try it:

http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?5752-X52-and-others-sensitivity

First Post..

Also This:

Settings:

Rudder: deadzone, medium | saturation, large

Pitch: deadzone, none | saturation, large

roll: deadzone, none | saturation, small

Thanks Neph.

I use your referenced web page.

I used the max adjustment to decrease sensitivity.

sensitivity.jpg

I treat my stick like a gentle little girl.

She still cries. "I can't do it Hawkx"

crygirl.jpg

bluebird.jpg

OK ..... tried the X52 on my PC with BMS4.

1. It does have the BMS4 controller setup for the X52 window I've shown above. But I didn't fiddle with any setting.

2. IMHO the sensitivity is fine. If it was less sensitive I'd have difficulty cornering my motorbike when at speed ...... she likes me to be gentle ....... ;) In fact I think your X52 is marginally less sensitive than the default, unmodified X and Y (joystick) axial setting on my Cougar. Hope this makes you feel better. :thumbsup:

EDIT: What about the "Enable Custom Axis Shaping"?

IMHO the sensitivity is NOT fine.

You hope this makes me feel better??

bluebird.jpg

I'll try "Enable Custom Axis Shaping" I'll try anything. I can't fly the way it is now.

IMHO the sensitivity is NOT fine.

You hope this makes me feel better??

I'll try "Enable Custom Axis Shaping" I'll try anything. I can't fly the way it is now.

Ye ..... understand its a personal thing. Hope the shaping helps. I have to do the following to help control my rudder using the Z axis:

zaxis.jpg

If you want me to leave you alone regarding your X52 sensitivity ..... just tell me and I'll go and annoy somebody else. ;)

Thanks Pal.

You have always been a big help,, don't stop now.

With practice I may catch on.

I used your link & D/Led the drivers & software.

I have tried everything else.

I tried every combo in the BMS4 setup. No help with adjustment to decrease sensitivity.

I hope the new X52 software helps.

Stand by for report.

Thanks Pal.

You have always been a big help,, don't stop now.

With practice I may catch on.

I used your link & D/Led the drivers & software.

I have tried everything else.

I tried every combo in the BMS4 setup. No help with adjustment to decrease sensitivity.

I hope the new X52 software helps.

Stand by for report.

Just make sure you don't loose anything if you decide to update. Interesting to know what version Neph's using? I'm using 6. Don't remember anything about 7. :unsure: