COMBATSIM Forum

Happened to see somebody else's today. So I thought I'd show my humble offering. Others might like to do the same. ;)

P9130394-1.jpg

How do I make it bigger, so the text shows up? :unsure:

Battie waiting for taxi clearance ........

Battie-4.jpg

Edited by Wombat1940

My next 'pit. I've already got the desktop screenshot ...... so I'm almost there. :rolleyes:

f0c229ed.jpg

4c24060b.jpg

04e5a8d4.jpg

Nice lookin' pit you got there, Wombsie.

Question: where's the beer holder? :unsure:

Its very small and hard to see. Its to holds a whiskey glass .......bourbon to you I think? :lol:

@Neph. Cool. But where's your "chair", keyboard, the X52 and maybe the MDF's,

@The_Nephilim: Kewl :thumbsup:

Please tell me you got those projectors for cheap!

Ya About 600 bucks for all 3 I even got 1 for FREE!! had them for about 2 years..

@Neph. Cool. But where's your "chair", keyboard, the X52 and maybe the MDF's,

Just a Regular PC chair Keyboard has changed but it is in the pic look closely.. MFD's I do NOT have Yet..

Just one of our other famous pilot's rig. Hope he doesn't mind me posting it. I need those MFDs ($70 at Amazon) and the ball thingy (type ? Amazon ? price ?)

Edit: Happily removed your screenshot shot. Didn't realise it was your underwear in the background. :lol:

In regard to the ball thingy (Trackball :rolleyes: ). I understand you use a Logitech 'either hand'/'left hand' cone shaped model worth about $20. Thanks for that.

Edited by Wombat1940

They say a picture's worth a 1000 words. WOW! what a rig! Specially those TM MFD's ...... :P

Edit: Just needs the Cougar ...... ;)

They say a picture's worth a 1000 words. WOW! what a rig! Specially those TM MFD's ...... :P

Edit: Just needs the Cougar ...... ;)

Thnx I enjoy it Very much and even more so now with the MFD's.. Cougar will be on it's way shortly almost have the money for the stick and the throttle is on it's way..

I am also looking into gettin one MFD working on my Desk like the real deal.. I found some LCD Moniotrs 7" and controller board, I will order them and hopefully get a FULLY Functional MFD.. Stay tuned..

Thnx I enjoy it Very much and even more so now with the MFD's.. Cougar will be on it's way shortly almost have the money for the stick and the throttle is on it's way..

I am also looking into gettin one MFD working on my Desk like the real deal.. I found some LCD Moniotrs 7" and controller board, I will order them and hopefully get a FULLY Functional MFD.. Stay tuned..

Looking at size of your screen and your own close location to it, I wonder whether TrackIR would be functional. :blink: Only a trial run would tell.

Looking at size of your screen and your own close location to it, I wonder whether TrackIR would be functional. :blink: Only a trial run would tell.

Yes that is my point exactly?? that is also Why I bought a Webcam to TRY the Head tracking for myself.. I was going to use the TrackNOIR Program but it seems it has a problem running on newer CPU's I series?? :(

Guess I will have to wait till the release the new version publickly to give it a try for myself..

Yes that is my point exactly?? that is also Why I bought a Webcam to TRY the Head tracking for myself.. I was going to use the TrackNOIR Program but it seems it has a problem running on newer CPU's I series?? :(

Guess I will have to wait till the release the new version publickly to give it a try for myself..

Have you physically seen TrackIR ((or its Webcam alternative) working? If not maybe have a look at some Youtube videos. The effect is sensational (particularly on my 21" screen) but its application to a huge 3D screen would be, IMHO, questionable.

FaceTrackNoir (with PS3 Eye camera) worked great with TAW on my old machine which had an Intel I7-920.

No doubt, TrackIR is better, but you have to wear the dorky headgear.

FaceTrackNoir (with PS3 Eye camera) worked great with TAW on my old machine which had an Intel I7-920.

No doubt, TrackIR is better, but you have to wear the dorky headgear.

here is a Quote from the Tracknoir website:

New CPU (i5 or i7) and APIScope error:The current version of FaceTrackNoIR (1.5) uses an older version of faceAPI, which does not support some of the latest CPU's available. This may cause the APIScope to fail.

This issue will be solved in update 1.6, which is currently 'under construction'. Some alpha-testers (who had received the alpha after donating) have confirmed that the new version of faceAPI indeed solves the issue.

Keep 'up-to-date' by following the news-page or by donating.

here is the link:

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/manual/knownissues.htm

not sure how you got it working on an i7 perhaps the newer version of he chiphas this problem??

Here's the latest version of the Home Fries Pit:

29b7ca74.jpg

Replaced the Standalone Masterpilot mounts with LCD Wall mounts and 17" LCDs. Removed the forward speaker arms to allow for monitor movement in order to get out of the pit. 17" screens are networked to another PC running MFD Extractor. Can't wait until BMS fixes the shared memory to allow MFD Data.

Totally outstanding dedication and comitment to a fight sim, these rig setups prove your all combat simulation masters, well done you all!!, ....can't post my pic, it keeps asking for URL?, .....what URL!?, nice job guys :thumbsup:

Totally outstanding dedication and comitment to a fight sim, these rig setups prove your all combat simulation masters, well done you all!!, ....can't post my pic, it keeps asking for URL?, .....what URL!?, nice job guys :thumbsup:

Hey Redfalcon you need to use a Picture Hosting site like ImageShack and then upload the pic there and they will give you a link to post to the Forums..

Nice Setup HomFries..

Nice Setup HomFries..

Thanks, Neph. Now I just need to replace the 20" CRT with 21st century technology ;) . I'm not in any real hurry, though, so I think I'll wait until the S3D compatible gear comes down in price and/or the resolution limits of TH2G increases.