Dad! I want an ICP!

Wombat1940

I haven't even got my MFD's yet and already I can see the need for a physical ICP. To be able to physically push those buttons must be so much easier. Nothing to do with realism, just the practicality of it. Neph? when's yours coming? ;) HF? What were those site again? Maybe the CH option is the way to go. Better start saving. :lol:

Well I am still searching for a Easy setup ICP like the MFD's a USB Plug and play solution.. I found the kind I am looking for but that is 1200 buckaroos Alot of cash..I also found one for 320 bucks but I think I will need some extra stuff to interface it to the PC??

I am currently trying to get a working MFD with a monitor screen but I am having trouble getting the Game to work in S3D in Window mode :(

Well I am still searching for a Easy setup ICP like the MFD's a USB Plug and play solution.. I found the kind I am looking for but that is 1200 buckaroos Alot of cash..I also found one for 320 bucks but I think I will need some extra stuff to interface it to the PC??

I am currently trying to get a working MFD with a monitor screen but I am having trouble getting the Game to work in S3D in Window mode :(

Roger. I think those free lasing buttons that CH sell might be the way to go. $185 a set I think. I could glue then to a piece of perspex with an ICP layout. HF's posted me on ways to get a toggle function. I'll do some more checking. Sorry HF, I've all of a sudden become very interested. :rolleyes:

Found HF's post:

HF said: While you're at it, Wombat, you should get yourself a USB Numeric Keypad for the ICP. Since the DMS functionality is built into the Cougar profile (S3+H2), all you need are the keys for the ICP. You'll still need to do the up/down rocker switch with the mouse, though, unless you get a programmable keypad with extra keys.

EDIT: Or you could just set the "radar gain" on one of the MFDs to be the up/down rocker switch.

:

Good one! :thumbsup:

You can save quite a few bucks with a regular numeric keypad:

Logitech N305

This one has a few extra programmable buttons, and you might even be able to use the brackets as your rocker switch, depending on whether the keys map to the regular keyboard or have their own unique identifier.

But I just found this on Amazon for even cheaper, and it should do everything you want for $8.

Extended Number Keypad for Data Entry

41A%2BmkJ1fFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The keypad is your ICP, arrow keys work your DMS, the PGUP/PGDN works as your rocker switch, and the INS/DEL/HOME/END work your RWR buttons.

You can save quite a few bucks with a regular numeric keypad:

Logitech N305

This one has a few extra programmable buttons, and you might even be able to use the brackets as your rocker switch, depending on whether the keys map to the regular keyboard or have their own unique identifier.

But I just found this on Amazon for even cheaper, and it should do everything you want for $8.

Extended Number Keypad for Data Entry

41A%2BmkJ1fFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The keypad is your ICP, arrow keys work your DMS, the PGUP/PGDN works as your rocker switch, and the INS/DEL/HOME/END work your RWR buttons.

:jawdrop: Where's my credit card before Neph see's it!!!!! :rofl:

EDIT: Won't sell it to me at my Aussie address. :angry: However I'm think of getting a extended keypad for my notebook from a local supplier. Is it feasible to program it to work with falcon, my current keyboard with its own NP, and the cougar?

WOMBAT LOOK AT THIS:

http://shop.viperpits.org/index.php?cPath=29

He also has ALL the Panel for 1300USD, I am looking at those too..

Thanks. It just that I don't think I want to go the whole realism way. In fact I don't. If I just have the buttons in some sort of order I think that will suffice. That's why I liked the $6 something NPad that HF found. But it would be no good for your realistic rig requirements.