TAW able to do full 6-degree motion in TrackIR5?

etheris

I just got TrackIR5 and it works okay in FS9 and FSX. On their website they don't seem to have ADF/TAW (I wasn't suprised) as a listed option as one of the games they support. I know the modded TAW version has something about trackir but I never really paid much attention to it while installing since never used trackir until now... Is TAW fully 6-motion enabled game in Trackir or am I doing something wrong? I only get 3 degrees of freedom.

I just got TrackIR5 and it works okay in FS9 and FSX. On their website they don't seem to have ADF/TAW (I wasn't suprised) as a listed option as one of the games they support. I know the modded TAW version has something about trackir but I never really paid much attention to it while installing since never used trackir until now... Is TAW fully 6-motion enabled game in Trackir or am I doing something wrong? I only get 3 degrees of freedom.

Unfortunately, 6DOF is not supported in TAW. TAW 2.0 includes the TrackIR 1.1 mod by Formski, which substitutes the TIR in for the Union Reality VR Headgear supported in the original TAW. 6DOF was not supported by the UR headgear.

• 1 year later...

The F1 view is not so much the "front view" as it is the default cockpit view. TrackIR will always be active in this view, and while TrackIR is active you cannot use F1 or KP8 as a forward snap view.

Not to worry; once you get the hang of TrackIR you don't need the snap view.