COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wombat1940

Problems with Flashing my Cougar

Just pulled the plug (USB) on my Cougar. Now don't seem to be able to re-connect it again. Its playing dead. Do you have a procedure for reflashing it? Thanks. Mal

cougar3.jpg

Home Fries reply through a PM:

Sent Today, 01:26 AM

In your cougar folder on the start menu (Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, IIRC), there should be a green F16 Icon with a title "Update Cougar". This program will reflash your cougar.

Since you have an unmodded cougar, don't forget to unplug your throttle prior to reflash.

Home Fries reply through a PM:

Sent Today, 01:26 AM

In your cougar folder on the start menu (Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, IIRC), there should be a green F16 Icon with a title "Update Cougar". This program will reflash your cougar.

Since you have an unmodded cougar, don't forget to unplug your throttle prior to reflash.

Thanks HF. This is not my normal process (I normally clear out the stick, remove the folder, unplug the the 'stick and reflash using the "HOTAS Cougar Software, version 3.HCO.2004" file .....however).

I've found the "green F16 Icon" and will do the following as suggested:

1. Unplug the Cougar

2. Reflash using the "HOTAS Update.exe" file.

Thanks HF. This is not my normal process (I normally clear out the stick, remove the folder, unplug the the 'stick and reflash using the "HOTAS Cougar Software, version 3.HCO.2004" file .....however).

I've found the "green F16 Icon" and will do the following as suggested:

1. Unplug the Cougar

2. Reflash using the "HOTAS Update.exe" file.

I unplugged the Cougar no problem.

Double clicked on the "green F16 icon" and got this:

cougar4.jpg

I unplugged the Cougar no problem.

Double clicked on the "green F16 icon" and got this:

cougar4.jpg

I've just re-read your instructions and noted to unplug the THROTTLE not the Cougar. Apologies. Will retry.

It worked! :thumbsup:

As there is a need for me to possibly do this again in the future, I thought I'D make a note of the process here for others. I have not include "the why" I do certain things, just "the how":

Reflashing Your Cougar

1. Remove your Cougar USB plug from the Computer

2. Disconnect your THROTTLE from the 'stick.

3. Replug your Cougar USB to the Computer but only after 15 seconds has passed since unplugging it.

4. Go to your C;/Programs/HOTAS folder and double click on the little green F16 icon (ie. the HOTAS Update.exe)

5. Follow the instructions you are given.

6. Re-plug the THROTTLE to the 'stick.

This worked for me. However there are probably other steps which should be included (eg. to save previous configurations which I have lost). Input from other Cougar owners to this thread would be much appreciated.