OK here goes:

This my setup for the CCP Axis Setup:

BMS4Setup.jpg

I intend to give the microsticks a go.

I have TrackIR

I have TM MFD's

I have a Trackball

I have no rudders and no toe brakes.

All axis have been calibrated and working fine.

I wish to re-download your appropriate zip file to meet the above conditions. Please give me the link to the files that best meets the above conditions and any comments you might have regarding this initial step. Thanks HF.

OK here goes:

This my setup for the CCP Axis Setup:

BMS4Setup.jpg

I have TrackIR

I have TM MFD's

I have a Trackball

All axis have been calibrated and working fine.

I wish to re-download your appropriate zip file to meet the above conditions. Please give me the link to the files that best meets the above conditions and any comments you might have regarding this initial step. Thanks HF.

I think HF is avoiding me ...... :(

Right ..... downloaded your BMS-HF.key file and installed.

I now have this setup in "Advanced Controllers" Setup:

HFkeysVC.jpg

HFKeysFC.jpg

HFKeysAC.jpg

I've also did this:

" ....... open the falcon bms.cfg file with a text editor (found in Falcon BMS 4.32\User\Config), scroll down to the line that reads "set g_bHotasDgftSelfCancel 0" (found in the Misc Settings section) and change it to "set g_bHotasDgftSelfCancel 1" ....."

I also now have this:

HF BMS4 Cougar v1.1.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 258,414 bytes

and this:

HF BMS4 Cougar.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 258,246 bytes

but which one should I work with? Thanks.

EDIT: Just a reminder:

I have TrackIR

I have TM MFD's

I have a Trackball

Edited by Wombat1940

To mirror what I'm doing here at BMS4 ...... I've setup Jagstang F4AF.tmc/tmm/key files at F4AF with the range knob as NWS and works like a charm. Just need to duplicate the same outcome here with BMS-HF.tmc/tmm/key files for BMS4.32. ;)

I also now have this:

HF BMS4 Cougar v1.1.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 258,414 bytes

and this:

HF BMS4 Cougar.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 258,246 bytes

but which one should I work with? Thanks.

Go with 1.1. It does a lot of things better than 1.0

For rudder, I recommend checking "Enable Roll-linked NWS" on the first of your screenshots (top middle selection). This will allow you to use the X axis of your cougar as the rudder on the ground. Holding down the paddle switch on the ground also enables wheel brakes. Also, set your rudder axis (second screenshot) to keyboard; if you don't have a rudder, don't assign it.

If you're still set on a rudder axis (you shouldn't be; you don't need it inflight, and the knobs are useful for avionics), then RNG and ANT are set as analog axes, so either can work as rudder. However, i have the zoom FOV mapped to the shifted range, so you may want to move that to ANT. Just take the ANT line and rename it RNG, then take the RNG line and rename it ANT. That will assign the zoom FOV to the ANT knob, which is better since you won't have to worry about rudder inputs on your range knob after use. Again, I recommend just using "Enable Roll-linked NWS" for your ground handling needs.

I have TrackIR

I have TM MFD's

I have a Trackball

I take this to mean you'll try the analog microsticks first. If so, nothing needs to be done with your setup or the profile. However, if your microstick axis goes, you'll need to do the following:

MIY /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSX(1-) MSX(1+) MSX(0)

/O ^ Rem ** used as analogue axis **

rem /O 5 4 (0 25 50 75 100)  Radar_Cursor_Down_P   Radar_Cursor_Down_R   Radar_Cursor_Up_R   Radar_Cursor_Up_P		rem enable this line and disable prev line if using microstick as digital axis (i.e. if you want to use analog toe brakes)

MIX /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSY(1-) MSY(1+) MSY(0)

rem /O 5 4 (0 25 50 75 100)  Radar_Cursor_Left_P   Radar_Cursor_Left_R   Radar_Cursor_Right_R   Radar_Cursor_Right_P  	rem enable this line and disable prev line if using microstick as digital axis (i.e. if you want to use analog toe brakes)

You will need to rem out the lines that say "used as analogue axis", and un-rem the following lines in each case. This will set your cursors to the key commands in the BMS-HF.key file. Likewise, you'll want to remap your microstick axes to keyboard on your third screenshot.

TrackIR center is mapped to Shift \, and is centered on the HOTAS with Shift S2 (shift = S3)

the MFDs need to be programmed to the proper OSB button presses. When you do this, save your key file as something else (e.g. BMS-HF2.key). I'll talk you through modifying your regular BMS-HF.key file so that it doesn't get corrupted.

I've gone with 1.1. :thumbsup:

Actually I now see you have your on .tmc file (microstick.tmc) with the "Apply enable/disable Windows axes state" box unchecked. To be consistent I will load this .tmc and test the same.

Also HF F4-BMS-TIR.tmj and HF BMS4 Macro.tmm installed to Cougar through Foxy.

Roger

For rudder, I recommend checking "Enable Roll-linked NWS" on the first of your screenshots (top middle selection). This will allow you to use the X axis of your cougar as the rudder on the ground. Holding down the paddle switch on the ground also enables wheel brakes. Also, set your rudder axis (second screenshot) to keyboard; if you don't have a rudder, don't assign it.

Roger

If you're still set on a rudder axis (you shouldn't be; you don't need it inflight, and the knobs are useful for avionics), then RNG and ANT are set as analog axes, so either can work as rudder. However, i have the zoom FOV mapped to the shifted range, so you may want to move that to ANT. Just take the ANT line and rename it RNG, then take the RNG line and rename it ANT. That will assign the zoom FOV to the ANT knob, which is better since you won't have to worry about rudder inputs on your range knob after use. Again, I recommend just using "Enable Roll-linked NWS" for your ground handling needs.

I'm going with the "E R/l NWS" option.

I take this to mean you'll try the analog microsticks first. If so, nothing needs to be done with your setup or the profile.

Correct, I am.

However, if your microstick axis goes, you'll need to do the following:

MIY /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSX(1-) MSX(1+) MSX(0)

rem /O 5 4 (0 25 50 75 100)  Radar_Cursor_Down_P   Radar_Cursor_Down_R   Radar_Cursor_Up_R   Radar_Cursor_Up_P		rem enable this line and disable prev line if using microstick as digital axis (i.e. if you want to use analog toe brakes)

MIX /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSY(1-) MSY(1+) MSY(0)

rem /O 5 4 (0 25 50 75 100)  Radar_Cursor_Left_P   Radar_Cursor_Left_R   Radar_Cursor_Right_R   Radar_Cursor_Right_P  	rem enable this line and disable prev line if using microstick as digital axis (i.e. if you want to use analog toe brakes)

You will need to rem out the lines that say "used as analogue axis", and un-rem the following lines in each case. This will set your cursors to the key commands in the BMS-HF.key file. Likewise, you'll want to remap your microstick axes to keyboard on your third screenshot.

Irrelevant in my case.

TrackIR center is mapped to Shift \, and is centered on the HOTAS with Shift S2 (shift = S3)

Roger

the MFDs need to be programmed to the proper OSB button presses. When you do this, save your key file as something else (e.g. BMS-HF2.key). I'll talk you through modifying your regular BMS-HF.key file so that it doesn't get corrupted.

This bit I don't understand, so will take you up on your offer to walk/talk me through it.

Thanks for all of this. Once I get all of this working I can then "pull my weight" rather than "pulling out" like tonight. Tonight was no problem for me and IMHO definitely the best for all of us. :thumbsup:

Summarizing what I need to do:

HF said:

I'm working with 1.1

HF said:

HFkeysVC2.jpg

Modified

HFKeysFC2.jpg

Modified

HFKeysAC.jpg

Unchanged

HF said:

I take this to mean you'll try the analog microsticks first. If so, nothing needs to be done with your setup or the profile.

No action taken

Not yet implemented

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wombat turning to Starboard ....... :anim_bounce: :anim_bounce: :anim_bounce:

taxiing.jpg

All achieved without punching the keyboard. :thumbsup:

Although Paddle didn't apply the brakes .... :unsure: but keyboard <k> did ...... :huh:

HF?

Where's the best place to find what each HAT, button, paddle, etc does with your profile?

Is it a matter of printing out the .tmj file?

What for instants:

applies the wheel brakes?

moves the radar cursors in the MFD (the microsticks don't appear to move anything with my current setup)?

Well .... I should have known it wouldn't last .... :angry: I had to reflash after changing .tmc files (to a non-windows ticked box one and back again). I'm now getting this:

flashing.jpg

Stick's plugged in without throttle but won't flash. Maybe its time to admit defeat ..... :rolleyes:

Where to begin...

Never really looked at apply windows/axis states, so I'm not sure what that does. I'm sure a google search will help.

For re-flashing, sometimes it doesn't take. The Cougar is finicky like that. Just re-flash until it takes. This is one case where plugging it directly into your pc (instead of through a hub) is a good idea.

I haven't created a readme file or profile graphic yet because I haven't had the time. However, the basic functions should be the same as the other BMS profiles. The shifts are where things differ, and I'll try to hit on those here:

• Paddle switch does double duty as autopilot override and wheel brakes; not sure why it didn't work for you, but I'll re-check the profile on my end.
  • Since the profile is with TrackIR users in mind, the hat switch defaults to trim instead of views while in the "3" view. Views are shift-trim hat.
  • Shift DMS Up switches you to "2" view and sets views to default. trim is shift-trim hat.
  • Shift DMS Down toggles between "3" and "4" view. in these views, trim is back to default, with views as shift-trim hat
  • While in "4" view (padlock), DMS left and right switches padlock targets, not MFD views. Otherwise, DMS left/right does MFD views (like the real deal)
  • Shift and holding down DMS left gives you NVGs. Shift and holding down DMS right toggles zoom look.
  • Comm switch up/down does UHF/VHF voice like the real thing (for IVC), but also transmits on Teamspeak 3 (double function).
  • shift-pickle centers TrackIR, though you may need to remap the macro to your TIR Center command. Same goes with TS-TX and whatever key you use for PTT in Teamspeak.

For the microstick, check my previous post. I'm not sure why it isn't working in analog mode right now, but my previous post details how to set it for digital.

Where to begin...

Never really looked at apply windows/axis states, so I'm not sure what that does. I'm sure a google search will help.

For re-flashing, sometimes it doesn't take. The Cougar is finicky like that. Just re-flash until it takes. This is one case where plugging it directly into your pc (instead of through a hub) is a good idea.

I haven't created a readme file or profile graphic yet because I haven't had the time. However, the basic functions should be the same as the other BMS profiles. The shifts are where things differ, and I'll try to hit on those here:

• Paddle switch does double duty as autopilot override and wheel brakes; not sure why it didn't work for you, but I'll re-check the profile on my end.
  • Since the profile is with TrackIR users in mind, the hat switch defaults to trim instead of views while in the "3" view. Views are shift-trim hat.
  • Shift DMS Up switches you to "2" view and sets views to default. trim is shift-trim hat.
  • Shift DMS Down toggles between "3" and "4" view. in these views, trim is back to default, with views as shift-trim hat
  • While in "4" view (padlock), DMS left and right switches padlock targets, not MFD views. Otherwise, DMS left/right does MFD views (like the real deal)
  • Shift and holding down DMS left gives you NVGs. Shift and holding down DMS right toggles zoom look.
  • Comm switch up/down does UHF/VHF voice like the real thing (for IVC), but also transmits on Teamspeak 3 (double function).
  • shift-pickle centers TrackIR, though you may need to remap the macro to your TIR Center command. Same goes with TS-TX and whatever key you use for PTT in Teamspeak.

For the microstick, check my previous post. I'm not sure why it isn't working in analog mode right now, but my previous post details how to set it for digital.

Thanks HF. Haven't read your post yet. I''m just devastated. :( :( :( It was going so well and I tried just one more thing to get the cursor movements to work ..... :rolleyes: Anyway ..... knocked the wind out of me a bit ....... but I'll give your suggests a go. Thanks.