Hi folks...song about my daughters! :)

Jennifer

Hope you guys don't mind...I love to brag on my girls...Gabby will be 10 next month! I can't believe the time has gone by so fast!!

One of these days I'll have to start playing sims again...what game are you guys all into now?

I miss you all!

Jen :)

Jennifer,

Wish Gabby a happy 10th birthday from me and all the Csimians :)

What sim are we into? Well, according to the ear tags and chips I installed on everybody, we have a fairly even distribution of simming between F22:TAW (the mod community for which lives right here on our board), IL-2: 1946 with the Ultrapack mod, and ArmA2 with the ACE expansion pack.

If memory serves (and that's a big IF, these days :lol: ) you fly for the Romanian airforce in IL-2, no? BTW, have you seen this book?

I really don't think you're the grenade-throwing, machine-gunning, shoulder-launched-missile-firing, helo-flying type of girl, but if you are, and you get a hankering to run around the simulated environs of Afghanistan in a light armored vehicle (LAV) with me, Gunny, and a few of our other regulars, then just say the word and we'll get you kitted up to run with us in Arma2. If Bob is into that sort of thing, he is most welcome to join us, too :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Stans and Archie!

Doug, thank you soooo much for remembering Gabby turns 10 in just a few days! I'm impressed!! :)

So, sims...I was never into F22. Not a knock against that game, I just never picked up a copy, lol! :)

I've got IL-2: 1946, as well as all those before..(Oleg sends me a copy of each one that comes out, bless him), but I think I had my fill of managing mods with Falcon 4 back in the day with eRazor and the Realism stuff...lol

I did not see that book, thank you so much for the link! (Yes, your memory serves you right about me and Romania :) )

I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what Arma2 is...and, I'm even sorrier to say that Bob and I are not together anymore. That's one of the reasons its so long between posts for me. Single-momming...no complaints, but it's time consuming. I love my girls, I wouldn't trade them for anything! :)

:) Jen

Happy for you Jen your girls are doing well. Happy Birthday to Gabby. Sorry to hear about you and Bob. I've been through that situation and it is a very difficult part of life to deal with. I hope it goes amicably for the girls sake. They are the ones who get hurt the most. Praying for all of you.

Jen,

I'm always sorry to hear when a marriage ends, but very often it's the better option ... I hope it is so for you.

What!? Oleg sends you a copy each time a new version comes out?! Why I oughtta! :lol:

Have you tried the UltraPack Mod yet? The "Moving Dogfight" hack is really great for pickup sessions where players can join while the mission is already in progress (and die and re-join). Also, and this is extremely cool, you are able to land, refuel, and rearm. Some missions go on for hours and hours where we fend off wave after wave of enemy fighter and bomber attacks. The Midway and D-Day missions are two of our favorites.

Thank you Donster, Stans, and Doug...we've made a friendly seperation and divorce. There was no malice between us over the ending and its what's best for the girls.

Sorry, Doug, I've not tried anything for IL2 in ages. I picked up an old, used, copy of World in Conflict at a going out of business sale in a local shop for $2...it's kinda cool so far. :)

I'll try to do an up-to-date writeup on how to mod IL-2 with Ultra-Pack for you. It's fairly straightforward, but last time I looked, it was still difficult to figure out which files to download from the Ultra-Pack forum where the files are stored.

Um, just an aside ... you do know that your signature has the lyrics of Avril Lavigne's Ska8ter Boi, right? You know what that means, eh? We have to make you an honorary Canadian. :lol:

I have no problem posting this :dancinguy:

Mock away, lads ... :dancinguy: (wish I had some more dancing smilies!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to do an up-to-date writeup on how to mod IL-2 with Ultra-Pack for you. It's fairly straightforward, but last time I looked, it was still difficult to figure out which files to download from the Ultra-Pack forum where the files are stored.

Um, just an aside ... you do know that your signature has the lyrics of Avril Lavigne's Ska8ter Boi, right? You know what that means, eh? We have to make you an honorary Canadian. :lol:

I have no problem posting this :dancinguy:

Mock away, lads ... :dancinguy: (wish I had some more dancing smilies!)

Sorry for the long delay in replying...been busy...homeschooling the girls. Long story...lol

I'm well aware of my sig, lol...I love that song!! :D

Thanks for doing a writeup whenever you get time, Doug. I appreciate it. Can you email me, or text me, when you get the chance to write it? I'd hate to miss it if you go to the trouble of writing it! Send me a private message if you want my email or cell#.

I went to Vancouver for work in 2010, (since you were talking about Canada), what an amazing city!! I loved it! I got some great pics in Stanley Park I should share sometime. :)

Jen

Jen,

[Oh, and guys, you might want to turn away while I talk girl rockers with Jen.]

Avril's a singularly amazing talent with a dozen, mostly self-written, Top 40 hits and she's still only 27 years old. Sk8er Boi is the one bubble-gum song of hers I like, the others (e.g., Girlfriend) are just way too girly-girl for an old fart like me. She has a few newer songs with a more adult slant, but they, too, are for a young female audience and not my cuppa. Nice to see a young talent that isn't burning out on booze and drugs for a change (although I hear she does swear as much I do!).

Here's another Canadian female artist (also a stunner), actually from my home town, who I think, with the right breaks, could go international ... but maybe with a slightly older, more musically sophisticated crowd:

Her entire latest album can be listened to at Bandcamp. Check out "The Hats" ... it's a duet with a chap who sounds exactly like Chris Martin from Coldplay.

[Okay, guys, you can look now.]

I'll get that Ultra-pack install write-up to you soon :)

Awesome!! Thanks, Doug!! For what it's worth...Chris Martin was on Howard Stern on SiriusXM last week...he's sooooo cool!!

I appreciate you getting that writeup done...no rush. Again...text me or email me...don't go by the email I reg'd with here...lemme know if you need either. Text is faster, obviously.