COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

Cougar Profile by Home Fries.

I'm now in a position to beta test the latest version of the HF FalconBMS4 Cougar profile.

If I offend, I'm sorry, but that's what beta testing is all about: say it as you see it. I've been on the end of constructive criticism in a previous life as a co-author and publisher of an engineering text book. My fellow co-author and I never came to blows but it used to get fairly willing. :lol: Needless to say we are still good friends.

Firstly let me make sure I've got the correct components that make up version 1.2 being conscious that my system has TIR but no rudder pedal or toe brakes.

From your dropbox folder I have taken:

HF F4-BMS4-TIR.tmj which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-TIR-12.tmj for relevance.

HF BMS Macros.tmm which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-Macros-12.tmm for relevance.

Microstick.tmc which I assume remains unchanged from the original and 1.1 versions.

BMS-HF.key which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-12.key for relevance.

HF F4-BMS4.jpg which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-12.jpg as it reflects the 1.2 version.

Jagstang F4-BMS2.rfl which appears unedited and is the original BMS2 Jagstang version.

All necessary text updates will be made to the Foxy and HOTAS files to reflect these changes.

The following ......

BMS TM Profile Readme.txt version 1.1 is assumed not to be current.

Comments appreciated.

Edited by Wombat1940

Hf? Just need to be sure I'm working with the correct combination of files for your Cougar Profile ..... before I proceed ..... particularly the .tmc file which has an unchecked "Apply enable/disable Windows axes states" box. Thanks.

HF F4-BMS4-TIR.tmj

HF BMS Macros.tmm

Microstick.tmc

BMS-HF.key

HF F4-BMS4.jpg

Jagstang F4-BMS2.rfl.

Go ahead and check the "apply enable/disable" box. the whole purpose of the microstick.tmc is to force the microstick as analog axes. I have since remmed out the lines anyway.

Go ahead and check the "apply enable/disable" box. the whole purpose of the microstick.tmc is to force the microstick as analog axes. I have since remmed out the lines anyway.

Sorry. Away from PC at the moment, but will check the "apply enable/disable" box on my return and rename the file from microstick.tmc to HF F4-BMS4-Microstick-12.tmc. I will then have:

HF F4-BMS4-TIR.tmj which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-TIR-12.tmj for relevance.

HF BMS Macros.tmm which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-Macros-12.tmm for relevance.

Microstick.tmc with "apply enable/disable" box checked, which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-Macros-12.tmc to distinguish it from the original.

BMS-HF.key which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-12.key for relevance.

HF F4-BMS4.jpg which I will rename HF F4-BMS4-12.jpg as it reflects the 1.2 version.

Jagstang F4-BMS2.rfl which appears unedited and is the original BMS2 Jagstang version.

Files shown in bold will be the files I will load to check your profile.

Thanks

If you change the name of the jpg, you will also need to change the name in the reference to the jpg in the tmj file. Should be easy to do - the line is near the top of the profile.

If you change the name of the jpg, you will also need to change the name in the reference to the jpg in the tmj file. Should be easy to do - the line is near the top of the profile.

I've already done it. Thanks. I current have the renamed version (1.2) successfully running with the new nomenclature. What did surprises me and from what I can remember, being away from my PC; there is no reference to the .tmc file in the .tmj file.

I removed the references to the TMC in the TMJ, because it forces either manual or autocalibration. I figured that people who understand the difference already know how to set up their axes, so the TMC is only there if people wish to use it.

I removed the references to the TMC in the TMJ, because it forces either manual or autocalibration. I figured that people who understand the difference already know how to set up their axes, so the TMC is only there if people wish to use it.

Roger