Airschow in Pretoria today.....

Edwin Rommel

Late war (Douglas Skymaster)- Early post war (DC 6) and late 50's early 60's (BAC Lightning-- zhiz one was excellent!) .

Our war stuff has mostly been f^^%%$ up - had three Spitfires of which the last one was grounded after the previous two crashed. On static display- two seater Me 262 night fighter, Focke Wulf A8, Hurricane, Mosquito and Pony (2nd Squadron, Korea).

Most of the stuff from early SAAF history, Mirage III and F1, and the Mirage III conversion to the Cheetah (similar to Kfir).

The "piece the resitance" probably the Rooivalk- an Apache copy built locally - with improvements such as stronger rubber bands etc... :lol::lol:

I'll post some pikz....

Stagz-- zhat Lightning is vhon straight from zhe UK, vhere it is not allowed to fly! :o It was certified fit on Friday night and flew Saturday.

Specciez-- IL 76... ! :lol:

Banger... they will probably upgrade to the Saab Griffon in 2006, but they are still in Cheetas now (Kfir type upgrading of the Mirage III)

I should really go out to the musuem at the RAAF Wagga base and take some pics. I havn't been there. Ever. I havn't been inside to see whats on display but driven past many times and they've got a Canberra, Meteor, Texan, CAC Sabre and Mirage IIIO sitting out front. THere's also a DH Vampire in one of our parks on a big stand thing too.

Thanks for sharing those pics Pieter :)

Yeah I think thats a 76 Spec.

JA! Ve haf no veaponz uf mazz deztrukzion. Ve haf nozhing like zhat. No, zhat iz not ein truck load uf Taco Bell bean burritoz you zee being delivered to mein tent. Zhere are no bean burritoz. Zhere iz no gaz (not yet anyvay). Ve vould not do anyzhing like zhat. :rolleyes: