COMBATSIM Forum

Padlocking Static Targets .......

Wombat1940

My current "combinations" are: Z, S, F1, C or X and F2+S. They meet all my needs. (REVISED)

This is just pure process.

Z to eyeball it.

S to add it to my shootlist.

F1 to return to the normal cockpit view.

C or X to cycle through my shootlist's padlocked targets while in the normal cockpit view F1.

F2+S to remove the currently designated target, providing I haven't cycled to it with X or C. This F2+S combination returns me to the F1 view.

If I have cycled to an alternative designated target with X or C, I eyeball it with F2+S and then remove it with F2+S again and return to the F1 view.

Its working perfectly. I don't even have to remember if I have to hit F2+S twice after cycling with C or X. If I want to return to the F1 view I have to hit the combination twice otherwise I stay in the padlocked view.

Wombat out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Wombat. I was too tired last night to address each of your lineitems. Here goes:

1a. Be consistent: its shootlist or shoot list.

Agree. I like Shoot List. If you see any single words in 1.4, please let me know.

1b. Are we "lasing" or "adding padlocks"? I know in the true sense we're possibly lasing, but the only time you use the word is in the title.

We could go either way here. If we want our end state to be a shoot list of static objects, then we change the title. However, I read a step further into this, which allows us to engage static targets with Maverick without free-lasing. The reason lasing is listed only in the title is because the feature is automated, and all we need to do is the shootlist.

I'm not married to the title; if it should read Automated Engagement of Static Targets with AGM-65G, I'd be happy to do that.

2. "Both the LAU ...... and Cannons can also generate ..... "

Concur, will change

3. Can you get the:

STATIC TARGET

Selected ...... on to one line:

STATIC TARGET Selected

Done. I had that separated when I had more text on the line, but it's back on one line now.

4. I'm amazed how much the maverick can aligned to a new target. Its not impossible providing you are not too close (whatever that distance is) and not going too fast. Hence the " ..... will likely cause ....." is a bit over defensive. Maybe use "may" ..... which you might have had originally had.

I thought about this, and my mind is still open to change, but I think the strong wording is proper for a caution message that if not followed could cause the waste of a missile (not to mention a wasted pass). Someone who wishes to ripple fire maverick will do so regardless of the strength of wording, as this will already be factored into tactical consideration.

5. After step 5, this is where we really differ. After "Z, Sing", I hit F1 so as to fly around in the Cockpit View. You make now mention of this. With no disrespect I don't think you've followed my training mission to the letter. Its too much to go into here, but I use an F2 S combination for a reason.

Hopefully fixed to your liking in 1.4

6. At the moment I don't agree there's a need for two distinct procedures: Lasing (to use your word) and Removing. There are not mutually exclusive. I didn't develop two training missions for that reason.

I like separate checklists because we are talking about two distinct desired end states. Of course, the checklists are related, as are many checklists. The vast majority of checklists don't exist in a vacuum, and plenty of standard (i.e. non-emergency) checklists are dependent on the recent execution of another checklist (e.g. engine start checklist -> taxi checklist -> takeoff checklist -> departure checklist.)

These may be two separate checklists, but they will be on opposing sides of the same page, and therefore joined at the hip, so to speak. There is no question that they are related and meant to be followed in sequence. However, it is quite possible to execute the items on the Automated Lasing checklist a number of times prior to "cleaning up" the shoot list by using the second checklist. Separating them simplifies matters in this case as well. However, since they are sequential in nature, applying them in the same training mission is not only alright, it is beneficial.

Maybe I'll leave it there. Your requested deadline is not helping in this issue. So if you want to include it in whatever so be it. Just leave me out of it.

I will do so if you still wish it.

Sorry, Wombat. I was too tired last night to address each of your lineitems. Here goes:

Agree. I like Shoot List. If you see any single words in 1.4, please let me know.

We could go either way here. If we want our end state to be a shoot list of static objects, then we change the title. However, I read a step further into this, which allows us to engage static targets with Maverick without free-lasing. The reason lasing is listed only in the title is because the feature is automated, and all we need to do is the shootlist.

I'm not married to the title; if it should read Automated Engagement of Static Targets with AGM-65G, I'd be happy to do that.

Concur, will change

Done. I had that separated when I had more text on the line, but it's back on one line now.

I thought about this, and my mind is still open to change, but I think the strong wording is proper for a caution message that if not followed could cause the waste of a missile (not to mention a wasted pass). Someone who wishes to ripple fire maverick will do so regardless of the strength of wording, as this will already be factored into tactical consideration.

Hopefully fixed to your liking in 1.4

I like separate checklists because we are talking about two distinct desired end states. Of course, the checklists are related, as are many checklists. The vast majority of checklists don't exist in a vacuum, and plenty of standard (i.e. non-emergency) checklists are dependent on the recent execution of another checklist (e.g. engine start checklist -> taxi checklist -> takeoff checklist -> departure checklist.)

These may be two separate checklists, but they will be on opposing sides of the same page, and therefore joined at the hip, so to speak. There is no question that they are related and meant to be followed in sequence. However, it is quite possible to execute the items on the Automated Lasing checklist a number of times prior to "cleaning up" the shoot list by using the second checklist. Separating them simplifies matters in this case as well. However, since they are sequential in nature, applying them in the same training mission is not only alright, it is beneficial.

I will do so if you still wish it.

Well my procedure is here and includes F2+S which is different to yours. It would be incongruous to recognize your model so just leave me out of it.

And here's 1.4: [Wombat says: I've made the step number changes on this screenshot for ease of referral for me.]

lasingss.jpg

Disregard the incorrect step numbers on the second page. This has since been fixed.

Well ..... you infer you are proceeding with 1.4 for TAW2.21 so maybe my previous comments and some new ones can be considered for 2.21a. Besides, it gives me time to catch my breath and be even more pedantic. ;) I've reproduced my previous comments below for continuity and completeness and included your responses for the same reason.

Wombat1940, on 15 January 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

1a. Be consistent: its shootlist or shoot list.

Home Fries: Agree. I like Shoot List. If you see any single words in 1.4, please let me know.

1b. Are we "lasing" or "adding padlocks"? I know in the true sense we're possibly lasing, but the only time you use the word is in the title.

Home Fries: I'm not married to the title; if it should read Automated Engagement of Static Targets with AGM-65G, I'd be happy to do that.

2. "Both the LAU ...... and Cannons can also generate ..... "

Home Fries: Concur, will change

3. Can you get the:

STATIC TARGET

Selected ...... on to one line:

STATIC TARGET Selected

Home Fries: Done. I had that separated when I had more text on the line, but it's back on one line now.

4. I'm amazed how much the maverick can aligned to a new target. Its not impossible providing you are not too close (I did some rough checks: 3 miles and 45 degrees. :o ) and not going too fast. Hence the " ..... will likely cause ....." is a bit over defensive. Maybe use "may" ..... which you might have had originally had.

Home Fries: I thought about this, and my mind is still open to change, but I think the strong wording is proper for a caution message that if not followed could cause the waste of a missile (not to mention a wasted pass). Someone who wishes to ripple fire maverick will do so regardless of the strength of wording, as this will already be factored into tactical consideration.

5. After step 5, this is where we really differ. After "Z, Sing", I hit F1 so as to fly around in the Cockpit View. You make now mention of this. With no disrespect I don't think you've followed my training mission to the letter. Its too much to go into here, but I use an F2 S combination for a reason.

Home Fries: Hopefully fixed to your liking in 1.4

6. At the moment I don't agree there's a need for two distinct procedures: Lasing (to use your word) and Removing. There are not mutually exclusive. I didn't develop two training missions for that reason.

Home Fries: I like separate checklists because we are talking about two distinct desired end states. Of course, the checklists are related, as are many checklists. The vast majority of checklists don't exist in a vacuum, and plenty of standard (i.e. non-emergency) checklists are dependent on the recent execution of another checklist (e.g. engine start checklist -> taxi checklist -> takeoff checklist -> departure checklist.)

View PostWombat1940, on 15 January 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Maybe I'll leave it there. Your requested deadline is not helping in this issue. So if you want to include it in whatever so be it. Just leave me out of it.

Right ..... now the new ones:

7. Something I missed earlier: It would be well to say in step 1 of the Lasing Checklist: Commence ingress in F1 view.

8. I suggest: ".....number of static targets on the first or any pass through the target area." I works in all passes not just the first and can be useful if a particular target has been missed.

9. Step 6 would be better opening with "Optional cycle through Shoot List ...... " as that is what it is.

10. With Step 8, I suggest "Fire AGM-65G Weapon" as it is an "action" like you say in the previous steps: e.g. Cycle or Add or Repeat ......

11. If your proceeding to use two checklists then step 10 is in the wrong one. This checklist is headed " Automated Lasing ......." Any reference to removing should be in the second checklist headed "Remove Padlocked Targets ...... " You could change the headings, or have a single checklist, but we've been down that previously in Point 6.

12 Your step 10 does not work if you've been cycling with X/C immediately prior to removal. But we know this. This has been the major contentious issue raised numerous times in this thread. No need to go through it all again.

13. If I don't cycle with X/C in Step 10, I can remove the designated target from the shootlist, but I remaining in the padlocked (eyeballing) view looking at the removed shootlist target. Might be advisable to get pilots move to the F1 view before proceeding further.

Moving on, The "Remove Padlocked Targets ........... " Checklist.

14. Likewise in the Remove Padlock Checklist, it would be well to say in step 1: Commence ingress in F1 view.

15. It would be better if the "Notes" were below the relevant step(s) they are referring to. As you have consistently done in the Auto Lasing Checklist.

16. Steps 1 to 4 just don't work consistently. For instance, if you cycle with X/C back to the original designated targets, it doesn't work. Likewise, if you don't cycle with X/C, then you don't need two presses on the S key. But we've been here before. I won't go on about it again.

17. The Note: "You also can use steps 1 - 3 to reorder ......." doesn't seem to work. The "order" for me in fixed by the order of the <Z> <S> presses and can't be changed.

Might leave it there. Pity you don't use the F2+S combination. It makes it so much easier. However that's history.

I'll try and hook up with Eagle to do more testing. Just to double check on all my points and maybe others. It worked well last time and I think he's still willing. :lol:

Enjoy your holiday. :thumbsup:

Just hold on this (Training Mission) for the moment HF. Your routine is making me re-think a number of steps in this mission. I want them both to be compatible and accurate.

@ Home Fries

My training mission here is good to go.

Sorry, Wombat. I looked at step 10 from a clear point of view and you're absolutely right. I was getting the Z and C/X mixed up in my head, but as soon as C/X is used, step 10 is a bust even if the F2 view is still intact. I didn't specifically see what you were harping on before, but now I do.

Hopefully v1.5 answers the mail:

gallery_1267_7_169906.png

I still don't use the F2+S as a single step, but they're spelled out as separate steps in the second checklist. Again, I think that your integrated step is brilliant, but the place for it is the Wiki article as a technique to fulfilling the procedure. Think of the checklist as a reference and the forthcoming Wiki article as the instruction manual to see the analogy I'm trying to draw.

Hopefully we're ready for prime time with this one.

Sorry, Wombat. I looked at step 10 from a clear point of view and you're absolutely right. I was getting the Z and C/X mixed up in my head, but as soon as C/X is used, step 10 is a bust even if the F2 view is still intact. I didn't specifically see what you were harping on before, but now I do.

Hopefully v1.5 answers the mail:

gallery_1267_7_169906.png

I still don't use the F2+S as a single step, but they're spelled out as separate steps in the second checklist. Again, I think that your integrated step is brilliant, but the place for it is the Wiki article as a technique to fulfilling the procedure. Think of the checklist as a reference and the forthcoming Wiki article as the instruction manual to see the analogy I'm trying to draw.

Did check all of these? Bit surprised some didn't make 1.5.

Edited by Wombat1940

Just one more suggestion.. Sorry.. :sofa1:EDIT nr2:

page 1:

3. Cycle Padlock Objects (Z) - Desired Object eyeballed

4. Add padlocked object to Shoot List. (S)

10. Maintain active target lock

2nd page:

Well, at first I thought it would be better to mention that your dealing with padlocked object, but I feel comfortable calling it the active target since you previously used F2.

3. Prioritize padlocked Object on Shoot List (S) - Padlocked Target confrimable with F4

4. Remove Padlocked Object from Shoot List (S)

---

So the page 1 I feel still need tweaks for terminology, where as page 2 I'm fine leaving the terminology the way it is..

Ow one more thing:

Maybe this format is better:

So have the keyboard button press first, then the meaning of they keypress, then the action that results of the keypress??

1. (BSP) - Cycle AG Weapon - AGM-65G Selected

-----------------

EDIT 3:

Well another discovery: Switching HUD modes will leave the Shoot list intact. - However the designated target will get reset every time the shoot list gets loaded up. It will get reset to whatever is on top of the stack = was last added/prioritized to the shoot list.

What this means:

I can have a shoot list with 3 buildings, 1 - 2 - 3.

I added 1 first, then 2, lastly 3.

This leaves building 3 as the designated target.

Go to the AA HUD - this stops displaying the buildings as targets.

Go back to AG HUD - building 3 is showing up as the designated target.

----

I can use C/X to select building 2 as the designated target for the AGM65-G Shoot List.

I can then go to AA HUD - and the instant I go back to AG HUD - building 3 will be the designated target.

----

The reason is that building 3 is on top of the shoot list stack.

----

What this means for firing the maverick:

Situation 1: We want to take building 2 - Initially we have 3 designated. We can cycle with C, which will designate building 2 - and then you can fire the mav.

This will work fine.

Situation 2: We want to take out building 2 and then fire an A2A missile - Initially we have building 3 designated. We cycle with C to designate building 2 - fire the mav - switch to AA HUD and start engaging bandits.

This will also work fine. The mav will continue to fly towards it's the designated target 2.

Situation 3: We want to take out building 2 and then fire an A2A missile and then go back to AG HUD - Initially we have building 3 designated. We cycle with C which designated building 2 - fire the mav - switch to AA HUD and start engaging bandits.

Heres the tricky part:

If you now bring up the AG HUD before the mav has hit building 2, it will start to fly towards building 3, which gets designated - because it's on top of the stack.

---------

How can this be avoided?

We prioritize our designated target to be on top of the stack before we fire the mav.

Suggestion:

Add a step after step 7: (F2) + (S) to prioritize designated target to the top of the shoot list.

This will assure, that switching away and back to AG HUD will still keep the mav flying towards the right target.

Thanks for the input, Gents.

The final should be out very shortly.

@ Home Fries.

I've downloaded and installed 2.21 - Unfortunately you have not included my suggested step after step 7.

I did not mention it for fun or to bother you to add unimportant stuff.

I mentioned it because it is important for the integrity of the checklist.

Why is it important?

There exists a possibility where a fired missile will change targets from one previously designated target on the shootlist (for example target nr. 3) to the nr. 1 target on the shootlist. This can be reproduced, by: designating target nr 3; firing a mav; switching to AA; switching back to AG. It will now start flying towards target 1. BUT we actually want it to keep flying for target 3.

You mention after Step 1 in the Note: Changing HUD modes leaves the static target shoot list intact.

This is correct.

However the designated target on the shootlist does not remain intact - it in fact gets set to target 1. of the shootlist.

What is new:

If you plan on switching HUD modes, it is essential that you prioritize your designated target to be nr. 1 before firing the missile.

What this does:

Whichever target you currently have designated on the shootlist (eg: nr 1, nr 2, nr 5, ...) - you make sure it's target nr 1 on the shootlist.

This way, when you switch back to AG mode, and the designated target sets to target 1 on the shootlist - it will also be our desired designated target - as opposed to whichever (random) target was previously target 1 of the shootlist.

Here is what I feel ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to be changed:

Required Changes:

Step 8. --- Confirm designated target is nr. 1 on shootlist. (required only in conjunction with step 5) --- (F2) + (S)

Step 9. --- Confirm AGM 65-G Launch Paramteters --- 'SHOOT' Cue

Step 10. --- Fire Weapon (AGM 65-G) --- Launch

Step 11. --- Maintain Designated Target

I feel very strongly about needing to change the wording of Step 11.

Off topic:

Also, truth be told, I feel fairly dissapointed to not see my name first on the checklist. I feel you already have enough fair credit spread around the board and the wiki. - However I feel it is misplaced here. You definitely deserve credit for writing up our procedure in a checklist - But not for the procedure itself. Here the credit should go primarily to me and Wombat.

I have and currently still am working very hard to test and figuring out all the quirks of this procedure, and have tried to get the procedure free of any bugs and mistakes. I don't feel you have paid the needed respect to my effort and work.

Wombat has been a great help, and I would like him mentioned as second author of the checklist.

He has also gone through alot of work - flying the missions, pushing the buttons, and seeing what they do.

Redfalcon was also a great help in confirming the findings.

However, in our previous discussion on TS3 - it became clear that you (HF) had not even tried to fly the suggested training mission.

It seems you are trying to package the knowledge while it might not yet be ready - And on top of that you feel you should put your name first on the authors list.

I do feel disrespected, and I'm sorry to hear that you as well have been stressed out with all your business - But I feel that this community should not have to endure those consequences.

I am convinced my mentioned changes are necessary, and will keep insisting the above changes are made, until I'm convinced otherwise.

Also I will start working on the wiki article containing my post that you copied to the Wiki. I would also like to have a go at writing the article describing the technique as I feel I've accumulated quite the bit of experience with the procedure. I will of course still leave your introduction and credit you accordingly for it.

Eagle,

I'm sorry you felt that way; my intention was never to disrespect nor minimize your contributions. Since we have since "aired it out" over TS3 I have uploaded the original checklist (doc format) to you. You are free to make adjustments (including name order, though you will want to do that by editing the field codes and not the text itself) as you see fit, and I will be happy to convert the document to PDF, make it printable, and provide it as a supplement to the TAW 2.21 download.

Eagle,

I'm sorry you felt that way; my intention was never to disrespect nor minimize your contributions. Since we have since "aired it out" over TS3 I have uploaded the original checklist (doc format) to you. You are free to make adjustments (including name order, though you will want to do that by editing the field codes and not the text itself) as you see fit, and I will be happy to convert the document to PDF, make it printable, and provide it as a supplement to the TAW 2.21 download.

:) Copy. I feel like an a real jack*ss for whining about the credit though.. Guess I also wanted a bit of praise/recognition for the tiny additions that I bring to the community, where so much great stuff is going on.. Yeah I've almost turned this discussion into a scene from kingergarden, and I'm sorry for that - I'm glad that it's out of my system though, and I've released some of that steam out on the forums. Not the best solution, but I'm also only human, but so are you, and you also really deserve that vacation your going on.. I didn't mean to bash on you, and I'm sorry I couldn't channel my frustration more productively. That .doc file will really come in handy!

I've also worked on that wiki article a fair bit, so that might be worth checkng out.. It's found here.

Check out paragraphs 2 through 4. (Understanding Padlocked Objects, Shootlists with Padlocked Objects, Advanced Tactics when Engaging)

For the optimized checklist and for the exact procedure needed to get all the benefits of these findings, I would like to give opportunity for testing and tweaking and checking any variations of the keypresses, so as to find the ones that will work best. I'm hoping that discussion about the checklist procedure will still go on, until no stone is left unturned..

Once again, sorry for whining and sounding like a duck.. QUACK! ^^

:) Copy. I feel like an a real jack*ss for whining about the credit though.. Guess I also wanted a bit of praise/recognition for the tiny additions that I bring to the community, where so much great stuff is going on.. Yeah I've almost turned this discussion into a scene from kingergarden, and I'm sorry for that - I'm glad that it's out of my system though, and I've released some of that steam out on the forums. Not the best solution, but I'm also only human, but so are you, and you also really deserve that vacation your going on.. I didn't mean to bash on you, and I'm sorry I couldn't channel my frustration more productively. That .doc file will really come in handy!

I've also worked on that wiki article a fair bit, so that might be worth checkng out.. It's found here.

Check out paragraphs 2 through 4. (Understanding Padlocked Objects, Shootlists with Padlocked Objects, Advanced Tactics when Engaging)

For the optimized checklist and for the exact procedure needed to get all the benefits of these findings, I would like to give opportunity for testing and tweaking and checking any variations of the keypresses, so as to find the ones that will work best. I'm hoping that discussion about the checklist procedure will still go on, until no stone is left unturned..

Once again, sorry for whining and sounding like a duck.. QUACK! ^^

Sorry Eagle, didn't get back to you this morning my time. When I did I had been dropped at TS3 .... forgot to record an automatic cough every five minutes, :lol: It was 'round 3.30am so just called it a night. But I still need a copy of the Wiki article you were preparing. I'm still working on our padlocking terminology paper and your Wiki article is very relevant. Is the current article at Wiki current ..... if you see what I mean? ;)

I don't think there's need to apologies for any of your comments in your previous post and I've said more regarding the same issue elsewhere. I was also upset about what happened but maybe didn't have your courage to say it publicly. Its not just about recognition, its about the hours and hours we put in to achieving a workable solution that was basically ignored. However that's history, but lets hope some good will come out of your public stand. In my eyes it needed to be said and I'm not alone in taking that position. From them and me: good-on you mate! :thumbsup:

Eagle,

@ Home Fries.

Just spoken to Eagle. Good to have the air cleared. Trust no long-term damage has been done. I think personal circumstances at the time might have contributed to the issue. Well, in my regard anyway. As Eagle and I agreed, any work contributed by ourselves is insignificant to the work you have put in regarding TAW2.0, and miniscule to work done by the TAW developers. I am very mindful of that, and conscious that thousands here are grateful for TAW2.0 and won't want any minor disagree (and in truth that's all it was) to disrupt the continued development of TAW2.0. Have a great vacation, you've earned it. :thumbsup:

Wombat out.

Edited by Wombat1940

@ Home Fries.

Just spoken to Eagle. Good to have the air cleared. Trust no long-term damage has been done. I think personal circumstances at the time might have contributed to the issue. Well, in my regard anyway. As Eagle and I agreed, any work contributed by ourselves is insignificant to the work you have put in regarding TAW2.0, and miniscule to work done by the TAW developers. I am very mindful of that, and conscious that thousands here are grateful for TAW2.0 and won't want any minor disagree (and in truth that's all it was) to disrupt the continued development of TAW2.0. Have a great vacation, you've earned it. :thumbsup:

Wombat out.

@Home Fries.

I gather you have prepared a .doc "Adding to Shootlist.....Checklists" at Box.net. :thumbsup: Can you give me a link to it please. If its like what you and I had with MIFS, with pdf and .doc versions that will be great. I've suggested to Eagle that he keeps our master copy. That is his and mine.

Wombat,

Link sent; check PM. Also, no worries about "long term damage." We all have things going on, and it was nothing more than an emotional perfect storm. I only wish there was a :buryhatchet: emoticon.

Guys have at it. With possible exception of show-stopping bugs within the next few days, I'm taking a break from modding. Enjoy 2.21.

Wombat,

Link sent; check PM. Also, no worries about "long term damage." We all have things going on, and it was nothing more than an emotional perfect storm. I only wish there was a :buryhatchet: emoticon.

Guys have at it. With possible exception of show-stopping bugs within the next few days, I'm taking a break from modding. Enjoy 2.21.

:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Static targeting with Mavericks

................................ My current "combinations" are: Z, S, F1, C or X and F2+S. They meet all my needs.

Z to eyeball it.

S to add it to my shootlist.

F1 to return to the normal cockpit view.

C or X to cycle through my shootlist's padlocked targets while in the normal cockpit view.

F2+S to remove the currently the eyeballed target, providing I haven't cycled to it with X or C. This F2+S combination returns me to the F1 view.

If I have cycled to an alternative padlocked target with X or C, I eyeball it with F2+S and then remove it with F2+S again.

The important thing here is the acceptance of the F2+S combination and not just S to remove static targets from the shootlist which is my major concern. ..........................

I flew a MP mission the other night and had the chance to take out a "target of opportunity". It was the Control Tower at an airbase where we had taken out a HVAA (its was an AWACS in this case). There was a need for a quick exit after target success completion for safety's sake. But there was still in-tacked that Control Tower and me with a couple of spare Mavericks. It was then that I stuffed up the procedure identified above.

F2's, X's, S's, etc........ :wtf: . I should have been better trained ...... it should have been automatic ....... it wasn't. :angry:

On return to base I spent time reviewing the above procedure and decided to simplify the same: it is better to drop any remove any target with the <F2> + <S> keys. Just cycle through all the targets, forward and backwards with the C and X, destroying them at will, but not removing them from the shootlist. My new procedure is as follows:

Cycle <F11> to select "View Padlock Type - Static Targets".

Use <Z> to eyeball potential static targets.

Use <S> to add it to my shootlist.

Repeat <Z>, <S> combination until all relevant targets are on my shootlist. (Max allowed is 10 targets).

Use <F1> to return to the normal cockpit view.

Use <C> or <X> to cycle through my shootlist while in the normal cockpit view.

Destroy targets while cycling.

Upon completion, clear the shootlist with <U>

There is a suggested training mission for the original procedure somewhere .......... I'll update it and post here shortly.

EDIT: Revised TAW2.0 Tutorial - Static Targeting with Mavericks (version 6)

Edited by Wombat1940