Monday Moronic Monday

Donster

Morning Morons! I see The New World Order® protesters did a number on the police and City Hall in Oakland, California over the weekend. Nothing like a good riot and flag burning to cause total inaction by the local authorities. Total victory is just around the corner!

And now, some humor, since I am so happy with the news ...

Q. What do you call death by pig stampede?

A. Sooey-cide.

Q. What did King Kong say when he saw the Statue of Liberty?

A. Are you my mother?

:P

Stan's I continually amazed at the temperature swings in your area.....28F to 50+F.....it must play hell with municipla works like sidewalks and pipelines with the "freeze/thaw" going on

Stan's I continually amazed at the temperature swings in your area.....28F to 50+F.....it must play hell with municipla works like sidewalks and pipelines with the "freeze/thaw" going on

It can! The state department of transportation has tried to make concrete the choice of road paving materials. They are now in the process of replacing or at least resurfacing much of the concrete with asphalt. Asphalt expands and contracts nicely with the changing temperatures, concrete does not. Asphalt is easy to patch when it develops potholes, concrete is not. It's been a very expensive lesson for Virginia. Water pipes are not a huge problem as they are usually buried 24 inches below the surface. What is a problem is the poor maintenance given them by many municipalities, the result is numerous ruptures during the winter months. Residential water lines are buried 18 inches, but my plumber, who had to repair my water supply line due to a rupture, said if he has to come back and replace the line it will be buried 24 inches below the surface.