How to Take a Screen Capture

Skeeter

Is there a special key in TAW for taking screen prints? Just using "PrtScn" from the keyboard doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Paul

Is there a special key in TAW for taking screen prints? Just using "PrtScn" from the keyboard doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Paul

That's what I use, but the App FRAPS (its free) will do the same. I think in the case of FRAPS it does take multiple shots.

In the case on "PrtScn" I paste that the MSPaint through their Edit Tab.

But others here will give you alternatives I'm sure. Just standby. ;)

Thanks Wombat. FRAPS worked great! I was now able to get this screen shot showing my square wheels. Ever see that?

Paul

wheels.jpg

Thanks Wombat. FRAPS worked great! I was now able to get this screen shot showing my square wheels. Ever see that?

Paul

wheels.jpg

:lol: Always wondered why I had trouble taxiing. :blink:

EDIT: Have I helped somebody at last? :unsure: Must be a first. :lol:

Edited by Wombat1940

The square wheels is the first block in an update program for the F-22 in a effort to shorten stopping distances and make them carrier capable without the need of an arrestor hook...

GM and several car manufacturers will also be doing the same in the following weeks, and by next year all round wheels will be replaced by squares...

The square wheels is the first block in an update program for the F-22 in a effort to shorten stopping distances and make them carrier capable without the need of an arrestor hook...

GM and several car manufacturers will also be doing the same in the following weeks, and by next year all round wheels will be replaced by squares...

:rofl:

Sorry Paul. Home Fries is on holiday and he left Sweeper and me to reply to all bugs. Well ........ we're doing our best .... :P Don't worry ...... I think HF is back next week ..... ;) [Thank God he says]

Well guys, you're doing a great job of handling bug reports. <_<:)

I did have a screen calibration routine running in the background for color correction, but turning that off did not make the square wheels go away. :(

There is an option in dgvoodoo for taking pix but I can't get it to work?

In the game the key for taking a pic using dgvoodoo is 'PAUSE/BREAK' key but I just get this warning message? :huh:

MOD.jpg

Also is it the key that's problem? Can you re-configure the key in dgVoodoo?

Paul

wheels.jpg

Hi Paul,

Welcome to here and hope you enjoy your stay.. ;)

I would have to say I have not yet seen square wheels perhaps a new bug from your hardware?? can you post some sys psecs and which version of TAW you use and if any which glide wrapper?? also what vid card drivers do you use??

Hi Paul,

Welcome to here and hope you enjoy your stay.. ;)

I would have to say I have not yet seen square wheels perhaps a new bug from your hardware?? can you post some sys psecs and which version of TAW you use and if any which glide wrapper?? also what vid card drivers do you use??

Sorry to interrupt .... but just look at those canopy markings to.. .... :unsure:

Almost looks like it is in a semi "Wireframe" mode, because whats on the canopy is a wireframe mesh seen in 3D Modelling software.

Maybe that also why the wheels are square. :unsure:

Thanks for the welcome.

To Wombat, just to connect the dots, I started posting on the TAW forum about a week or so ago. I'm the guy that was doing the manual in-flight refueling. B) I can't figure out how to get my icon to show up with my posts.

Anyway, system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

AMD Athlon IIx4 640 Processor 3.0 GHz

6 GM RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4200 display adapter

Zeus glide wrapper

TAW 2.21

You know, I thought those lines on the canopy were supposed to be there! :whoa:

Edit: WOO HOO--I figured out the avatar thing. Now you'll know who's making these posts!

Thanks for the welcome.

To Wombat, just to connect the dots, I started posting on the TAW forum about a week or so ago. I'm the guy that was doing the manual in-flight refueling. B) I can't figure out how to get my icon to show up with my posts.

Anyway, system specs:

6 GM RAM

Zeus glide wrapper

TAW 2.21

Edit: WOO HOO--I figured out the avatar thing. Now you'll know who's making these posts!

:thumbsup: Hey, but you've got more hair than me! :( We're on TS3 now if you want to join us. Just chatting (about you ..... :rofl: )

Thanks for the welcome.

Anyway, system specs:

6 GM RAM

Zeus glide wrapper

TAW 2.21

Hey, Welcome!

I kind of remember those square wheels, I think I also had them once.. And I see you are also using an ATI card..

I suggest using a different glide wrapper, to see if that helps?

Go either with

1. The included dgvoodoo wrapper - and make sure that in the configuration 'closer to real hardware' is disabled. (to get better frame rates)

or

2. Zeckensacks glide wrapper: http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/archive/GlideWrapper084c.exe

1. Seems to be a good all-rounder and gives you more flexibility when it comes to resolutions.

2. I belive is kind of optimized for ATI cards but has a resolution limitation however, in that it will only support multiples of the original game resolution.

I couldn't identify any major improvement with 2. as opposed to 1. so maybe the optimization is not that big of a deal? I get very decent FPS when using dgvoodoo with 'closer to real hardware' disabled.

Hi Eagle Flight.

Thanks for the suggestions. I jus experimented with the dgvoodoo wrapper, but couldn't get a very crisp display. The square wheels did go away, though. I'll try Zeckensacks wrapper next.

The colors did seem a little richer under dgvoodoo as well. I might try testing other resolution selections with that wrapper.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hi Eagle Flight.

Thanks for the suggestions. I jus experimented with the dgvoodoo wrapper, but couldn't get a very crisp display. The square wheels did go away, though. I'll try Zeckensacks wrapper next.

The colors did seem a little richer under dgvoodoo as well. I might try testing other resolution selections with that wrapper.

Thanks again,

Paul

Sorry to add but you must try other resolutions.

I my case I had to do a total re-install recently.

Worked fine ........ but where's my crispness (same word you used) gone with the graphics? I'd forgotten to change from the dgVoodoo default 800 x 600 install res. to my preferred 1600 x 1200 .....and ....... :thumbsup:

MOD.jpg

Also is it the key that's problem? Can you re-configure the key in dgVoodoo?

Not sure about the key, now that I have new rig I can use Fraps without slowdowns so will stick with that.....as for the 'WIDE' cue, I can't see any MOD in GME menu to disable that? :unsure:

Welcome Paul :thumbsup:

By the way, I hope you know I was only kidding with the <_< . You guys are doing a great job of support and I appreciate the help. :beer:

By the way, I hope you know I was only kidding with the <_< . You guys are doing a great job of support and I appreciate the help. :beer:

Never even noticed. <_<:lol:

We're a friendly lot here ....... despite what you might sometimes read ..... ;)

Although in MP there is sometimes some shouting when your arse is on the line: "Wombat, for God's sake .... PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER !!!!!" :lol:

as for the 'WIDE' cue, I can't see any MOD in GME menu to disable that? :unsure:

Red,

There are no mods for this in GME because there are so many executables to select, and it would create too many Problems. However, if you always use Glide widescreen (TrackIR) then the TAW Wiki has instructions on how to hex edit the file to remove the WIDE text. You could then create your own GME mod (highly recommended, as the file will revert whenever you change the EXE in the config menu).

Red,

There are no mods for this in GME because there are so many executables to select, and it would create too many Problems. However, if you always use Glide widescreen (TrackIR) then the TAW Wiki has instructions on how to hex edit the file to remove the WIDE text. You could then create your own GME mod (highly recommended, as the file will revert whenever you change the EXE in the config menu).

I do have MOD for removing "WIDE" already prepared. Available if needed.

Well, I tried Zechensack's glide wrapper. At first it said I needed to uninstall other wrappers and/or DLLs, so I uninstalled the Zeus wrapper. When I launched TAW it said the wrapper could not run. I rebooted my machine and seemed to get it to run, but not well--bad graphics. I changed the resolution setting, then started crashing TAW. A message about F22.dat not running, or something like that, kept coming up.

For now, I uninstalled Zechensack and reinstalled Zeus. It seems to be back to what it was, and still with square wheels (boxes around the wheels, actually).

Any ideas? Can I get the Zechensack wrapper to work?

Thanks,

Paul