COMBATSIM Forum

Audible Radio Chatting .....

Is there any way to increase the volume of the radio chatting you here coming over the communication system? I have voice in my Headphone and SFX in the speakers. The SFX include the radio chatter between other flights, but is drowned out by the engine noise. What would be nice would be to have it in my headset where in reality it would normally be.

Well, Windows 7 is perhaps your only option as the sound mixer allows you to set the volume levels per application, so you can send TAW to the bottom and buff up teamspeak for an example.

Hey thanks for that Sweeper, I was wondering why BMS volume was lower than all other applications I was running, now its fixed!. :thumbsup: .....This Windows 7 takes some getting used too :rolleyes: .

Well, Windows 7 is perhaps your only option as the sound mixer allows you to set the volume levels per application, so you can send TAW to the bottom and buff up teamspeak for an example.

Anybody know how to do it XP?

Sadly, no options exist for Win XP the last time I checked sadly.

All you can do is turn the game's master volume to the bottom and hope it solves it, but I would like a mod to remove that engine roar when you are close to another plane.

When you say "to the bottom". What do you mean?

Wombat,

For now, you can turn down the sound.volume from the TAW options screen (while keeping the speech volume at max), which should help for the time being.

For speech in the headset, that may take some doing. It's something I really want, and it's already on the Wishlist. We have ideas, but no promises.

Wombat,

For now, you can turn down the sound.volume from the TAW options screen (while keeping the speech volume at max), which should help for the time being.

For speech in the headset, that may take some doing. It's something I really want, and it's already on the Wishlist. We have ideas, but no promises.

Thanks for that. I've actually transfer the SFX and TS3 voices to my Headset as the best compromise for the moment. It gets noisy when taxiing with others but I think I can put up with that.

But I'll give your suggestion ago.

There's also an option in Teamspeak to lower game noise when someone is speaking....not that I've been on much lately, I'm too busy, and the time I do get free I'm messing with BMS, but hope to get back into MP sometime soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks 'Red for both tips. I've set the SFX slider to minimum and that's better. Will have a look a the TS3 option later. Like you, I'm elsewhere at the moment, but also hope to get back to MP.

You need to run the setup wizard again in Teamspeak, near the end of the setup wizard you can to check box for 'enable volume control'. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Bit busy on other things at the moment. BMS Looks good. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...