COMBATSIM Forum
The Dude

Iran's Stealth Fighter Jet

You guys must've seen this, right?

In addition to claims that it launched a monkey into space (apparently disproved), Iran has now unveiled its latest technological forgery achievement: a super-secret stealth fighter jet.

I have seen some funny stuff in my day, but this new plane is abso-frikkin-loutely hi-larious. It looks like it is made out of bondo for cryin' out loud. I mean, you think that if every teenager with a crappy import car can have a carbon fiber hood on his car, the Iranian's could've at least faked some carbon-fibery-ness to their faux fighter jet.

Here is a selection of just a few of the official pics:

joke-plane-01.jpg

Pic 1: Wings? You call those wings?

joke-plane-06.jpg

Pic 2: I've seen homebrewed cockpits that look more authentic than this thing.

joke-plane-05.jpg

Pic 3: Like I said, it looks like bondo ... and a bad bondo job at that. And check out that canopy "glass" ... yikes!

joke-plane-04.jpg

Pic 4: Yep, that's some badass stealth technology there.

Here are some additional links about this plane for y'all:

Yeah, that's a nice mock up of a stealth fighter and I think that's all it is and possibly all that it will be.

IT'S GOT A CASSETTE PLAYER!

I want one.

Stag, I suggest you take a closer look at the cockpit pic. That's not a cassette player, it's an 8-track player! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought it was a 4-track player. My oldest brother had one of those. He is 70 years old now. Is that a phonograph player behind the pilot's seat that only plays 78 RPM records? :D

Uh..should the master alarm panel be lit if its sitting in the hanger?

And yeah Joker, I was just thinking how much fun I could...I mean Cole could have playing with that carrier.

Uh..should the master alarm panel be lit if its sitting in the hanger?

If it is made out of brightly colored construction paper it will appear to be lit up. :lol:

And if it's made for use in Iran, why is everything in English? Maybe Farsi doesn't lend itself to technical stuff like "Intake" or "Remove?"

Good point, Whiz. It's obvious that this model... errrrr... "aircraft" is intended to impress and scare the west. I think they failed on both accounts.

Well, I'm sure it's so stealthy that the only way you could ever see it in a photograph would be courtesy of PhotoShop. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: