COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

UH-1 2/17th Cavalry Vietnam Skin Pack

I have just uploaded a skin pack for the 2/17th Cavalry (101st Airborne Div) to the DCS Repository and LOF. This will also be uploaded to Combat Ace once the file section is back up.

The pack includes five skins representing A, B, C, F, and Headquarters Troops. Note that the B Troop skin here differs from the skin in the UH-1 Medal of Honor skin pack, so with both skin packs you will have even more variety!

Here are some screenshots:

Screen_130715_214952_zpsff7a0e3e.jpg

Screen_130715_215358_zpse1bf2286.jpg

Screen_130715_214918_zpsaffe3b13.jpg

Screen_130715_214910_zps687051a5.jpg

Screen_130715_215020_zps76d55b83.jpg

Enjoy, once the file is approved!

Edited by Home Fries

It's definitely a UH-1, but there were a number of variants that were cycled through the Vietnam War (including the first two iterations of the AH-1 Cobra, which were essentially Hueys with liposuction :lol: ). The variant in DCS is the H, which saw its use in the latter half of the war. The pictures also show the gunships only, as when I did the screenshots there was no way to remove the hardpoints ("slick" configuration).

Interestingly enough, Mike, the Huey in that picture has a minigun for the door gunner (and the rear hardpoint too stow the minigun and place rockets if it were in use as a gunship) and the IR deflector on the exhaust that the earlier Hueys didn't use.

Thanks. I guess I should have read the information board at the time....but according the the internet, it's registration number is 69-15753.