COMBATSIM Forum

EF2000 TARGET Profile for Cougar Beta Release

Home Fries

Hot on the heels of my Total Air War profile, and inspired by Magic Mikew's recent EF2000 renaissance, I have put together a beta TARGET profile which is now included in EF2000 Reloaded. While the profile can be used with the HOTAS alone, use of the MFDs are recommended, because the MFDs allow for discrete states of the radar, allow MFD functionality from the cockpit mode for buttons with hotkey assignments, and now allows use of the MFD buttons to press any MFD button while zoomed in!

Features of this profile include:

• Fully funtional MFDs when zoomed in, and partially functional MFDs while in cockpit view.
  • Context sensitive command mapping to switches emulate discrete settings as much as possible.
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of 1 through 8 with Hats 2 and 3 while the COMM switch is pressed.
  • More precisely-mapped throttle allows linear function below afterburner detent, with throttle frozen at “MIL” while within limits of the afterburner detent. Afterburner is engaged above the AB detent, and disengaged halfway between the AB detent boundaries.
  • Autopilot routine that can be discretely engaged or disengaged from any mode, with context sensitive S1 employment based on the current autopilot mode.
  • LED indications for autopilot, autothrottle, airbrake, landing gear, refueling mode, CommSwitch, and Teamspeak3 PTT.
  • Compatible with VAC.
  • HAT1 can be POV or Trim, but always slews TIALD when zoomed into MFD2.
  • HOTAS mappings set to thematically match F-16C and MFDs to in-game EF2000 as closely as possible.
  • Intelligent Radar functions allow flexibility and logic with cycling and discretely selecting options.
  • Refueling mode dampens controller respopnse for operations around the tanker.
  • Optional differential braking even without toe brakes on your rudder pedals.

As with the TAW profile, the toe brake features have yet to be implemented.

Here is the graphic layout of the HOTAS controller:
gallery_1267_7_601301.jpg
And the MFDs:
gallery_1267_7_412046.jpg

I look forward to your feedback. Any input to improve the profile is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Home Fries

0.14a uploaded. No showstopper bugs to fix, but enhanced the logic for zooming into the IRST view.

Original logic had H3U short for toggling cockpit views, and shift H3U for IRST zoom. New logic remains the same when in cockpit view, but while zoomed into any MFD H3U short will zoom to IRST instead of going back to cockpit view. H3U long will still revert to cockpit view, as will cycling the existing MFD view with H3.

This sounds complicated, but when you do it it just makes sense. It's useful for employing Maverick, where you may need to quickly switch between MFD1 and IRST.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WingNutS is trying to do the same. I'd love to release a hog version of the profile (giving you guys credit, of course), so please keep the questions coming.

EDIT: you may want to wait a day or so until EF2000 Reloaded is released. That will include version 0.31 of my profile, which incorporates TrackIR and the VFX1 emulation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have convert your EF2000 profile to use with Warthog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr9l8o22bs611l2/EF2K_Warthog.7z

It is a direct conversion. I've tried to remain true to the original. I have to revise the start/shutdown routine as the idle detent works differently between Cougar and the hog. No need for shift state to start up/ shut down. Now shift state only use in case the user want to bypass the start/shut down effect. The Rudder Pedals' code is eliminate as the hog doesn't support any rudder. To use rudder with toe brake, I use JoyID & Universal Joystick Remapper to combine the hog with Saitek Pedals.

Will do a better documentation soon.

Joystick is the same but throttle is different.

T1 -> SC

RDR_X/Y -> SCX/Y

T2-T5 -> MS U/D/R/L

T6->LTB

T7/T8-> Boat Switches

MAN_RNG -> THR_FC