COMBATSIM Forum
The_Nephilim

DCSW Video Tutorials

Hey HomeFries,

I DL'd the Video tutorials by Ironhand and ran through the ADI HSI one I think I got it now..seems simpler then I thought..

I am going to do the RWR Training video later and get a better idea of how the Russian Counterpart works..

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

For anybody else who wants to know what this is about, I have converted repackaged Rich "Ironhand" Sorochak's LOMAC/FC1 training videos for DCS World and Flaming Cliffs 2 with his permission. There are two installers: one for the Su-25T and one for all other LOMAC/FC aircraft.

Here's the link for the Su-25T videos:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/2653-ironhands-su-25t-training-videos-for-flaming-cliffs-2dcs-world/

and the Lock On/Flaming Cliffs aircraft:

http://tinyurl.com/k3vzc4x

They are multi-part 7Zip archives, so download all parts and open the 7z.001 file with 7Zip and run the installer. Then select your DCS World or Flaming Cliffs 2 folder. I also highly recommend installing the default training videos (downloadable from the FC2 and DCS World/FC3 sites)

One more thing: you don't need FC3 to view the Lock On/FC videos in DCS World. If you don't have FC3 (or if you only have the standalone versions of the A-10A or Su-25), then you have the option to install the videos to the Su-25T tab.

Edited by Home Fries

@Home Fries -- Looks like your bandwidth for the week/month(?) has indeed been hit. Was too tired to grab the videos last night, so I tried this morning. No go. :( Any idea when the flood gates will open again? Hmm... Better send that info to me in a PM! ;)

Just FYI -- Updated DCS World this morning. Can't understand how it went so fast (it was 100s of MBs, at least I think it was). Took about 15 minutes or less. It seems to have worked, though.

Skeeter

Skeeter I tried Redownloading the one part of the vieo it worked for me.. Did you get an error message or anything??

Skeeter I tried Redownloading the one part of the vieo it worked for me.. Did you get an error message or anything??

Hi Neph,

Yes, it says web page not available. However, I am at the office, so it could be blocked. It's a little unusual, but possible. I'll try again at home this evening.

Thanks,

Skeeter

I get a page saying this:

"The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth"

I'm not interested in DCSW though, so I don't care. :)

Yeah, I'm showing that I'm at 321% of my allotted bandwidth. Not sure when the reset button is pressed, but I'm looking at other avenues as well. Box was supposed to be a stop-gap anyway.

Su-25T videos are available for download from LOF.

Thanks HF. Got'm.

Skeeter

The Su-25T Videos have been patched for better integration with the new training missions in DCS World 1.2.6. FC2 users don't need to apply this patch (and shouldn't).

Here's the link (it's the same as posted earlier in this thread).

If you don't have the videos, first download all of the files, then run the patch after installing the multi-part zip. If you already have the videos, then just download and run the patch.