COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF)

This mod allows your logbook pilot to fly for the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps in addition to the default United States Air Force. The USN and USMC "countries" have their own sets of insignia and share a set of medals. Additionally, the option is there to update the USAF medals from the default medals (three of which are incorrect) to the actual USAF medals that can be earned in air combat. Regardless of whether you choose to update the USAF medals, the existing default medals will now include the "Combat V" as applicable.

In addition to adding the proper USAF medals, the USN/USMC/USAF mod also removes the Navy and Marine Corps squadrons from the USAF entry (those patches were my mod to begin with, so I'll do with them whatever I please wink.gif ). The entire USA squadron list is left intact for the USN/USMC mod.

Note: the default alliance matrix keeps the USN and USMC as "neutrals", so that you still only need to make a "USA" unit in the mission editor. This just keeps things simple, at least until the DCS F/A-18C is released.

USN Logbook and USN/USMC medals:

gooselogbook_zps82d3a1d1.jpg

USAF Logbook with updated medals (optional):

newusafloogbook_zpsa8d478fe.jpg

The mod works with DCS World 1.2.6 and can be found at the following links:
DCS File Repository
LOF
Combat Ace