First day of 2014

Stans

9F with -5F wind chill under overcast skies. Part 2 of this prolonged snowfall will hit us today with many locations seeing 3-5" by this afternoon. This will bring storm totals across most of eastern Iowa since Tuesday to around 3-5" with isolated 6" amounts. The snowpack will be even deeper than that. Plan on a little more wind to accompany the snow today, leading to reduced visibility in some spots.

Seems like this global warming thing is a bust. More record low temperatures were set in the U.S. than record highs in 2013.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/12/31/record-cold-temperatures/4264237/

And the polar ice caps have grown in size, even though it was predicted that they would melt and the sea level would rise, but it has not happened.

Happy New Year, all you lovely people! This place I moved us to is so f******g quiet that when somebody down the street lit a sparkler everybody came out to see if it was the End of the World! I'm not complaining, though,I can sit on the deck and shout at the serfs down the hill to pick up the pace! It's really given me a superiority complex! And no kids for miles!