ALT + TAB can be fatal ....

Wombat1940

Sometime while in a mission I wish to return to my desktop. Maybe to answer a TS3, Skype, Raptr, etc.

The correct process is PAUSE (<p>) .... Options Menu (<SHF> + <O>) .... and <ALT> + <TAB> to the desktop.

However I occasionally forget the <SHF> + <O> before the <ALT> + <TAB>. :nuke:

This leaves me at the mission window but all the controls (keystrokes, mouse movement, etc) working on the desktop which I cannot see. :(

I can't close TAW (<ALT> + <Q>) as it's only active on the desktop and not in the sim. If I press other keystrokes, mouse clicks, joystick buttons its doing it all on the desktop setting up or closing God knows what! :sofa1: My only solution so far is a computer cold boot which stuffed up my Cougar and required a fresh installation of TAW2.0 last time it happened. Its not something you wish to purposely duplicating to find a solution. At the moment I'm thinking of hot wiring the the <ALT> key to a 10 000 volts supply so as to warn me off. ;)

control alt delete, then kill the did.dat process. Saves you the trouble of a hard boot.

Control Alt Del displays on the Desktop which I can't see ........

USE THIS TECHNIQUE WOMBAT!!

Thanks Neph.

I also use "DEL", which takes me to the in-game map, and from their to the desktop via the help button (R upper corner of interface).

Thanks Doc. :icon_bow: I didn't act on your post because I thought I new better .... :rolleyes: damned fool I am. :spank: This method is safe and fool proof. Particularly for fools like me. ;)