Thursday Blizzard Fun Times

Donster

34F with light rain fog/mist. Winter Storm Warning is in effect for our area. During the morning hours today, we will continue to see the threat of freezing rain. Temperatures will start to fall during the late morning hours causing the rain to change over to sleet and snow from northwest to southeast across the area. The snow will continue through the afternoon and evening hours and will be heavy at times. The winds will also increase from the northwest during the afternoon with gusts of 40 to 50 mph. This will cause blowing and drifting snow and whiteout conditions. Snow totals will be the heaviest over central and northeastern Iowa with 4-8" in Ames, Charles City, and Decorah. Waterloo will see 3-7" of snow. Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and Dubuque will see up to an inch of rain Thursday morning and then 1-3" of snow in the afternoon and evening. The snow will taper off during the evening and overnight hours, but the winds will stay strong. Expect blowing snow and whiteout conditions to continue into Friday morning.

winterfrickinsuckssign.gif

Morning y'all. I see the weather in Donnie's corner of the world continues to suck. Around here, it's 39F this morning and we are expecting cloudy skies and a high of 60F. Donnie, if it's any consolation, for Valentine's Day my wife gave me her cold. It's now in full swing, she coughs almost uncontrollable and I'm sneezing and starting to cough as well. If this sounds preferable to ice and snow, just send me your mailing address and I will send you samples of my cold so that you can enjoy it too.

To late Stans. Lottie got a bad cold/sinus infection last Thursday, and it started infiltrating my system like Rommel at a French whorehouse last night. So save your email for someone that is not sick and more in need. We Americans are very generous aren't we?

How can you guys stand having so much FUN? All we do here is complain about no rain and how boring all that blue sky looks! It's not easy being bored, you know. Well, come Summer time you'll look back and laugh about all this, I bet. :rolleyes: