COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

LotAtc 4 DCS

@Home Fries

Purchased LotAtc 4 DCS. Now have to wait up to 24 hours for Lic. Key.

EDIT: Lic. Key arrived. Installed . .......Reading manual ....... Battie briefed ......... Ready for take-off ......... ;)

Edited by Wombat1940

Great News, Wombat.

I may have to skin an AWACS bird and put the Air Commodore in the left seat. :icon_rock:

I was reading up on it last night; one of the 0.9.1 features is the abilty to have it provide a persistent BRAA between points. So you could control-right click my plane, drag it to the bandit, and release and it should constantly update the BRAA for an easy call.

With some of the upcoming stuff in 1.0, you might actually be able to give us taxi directions on the ground as well.

"Turn left...watch out for that hangar... :doh2: " :rofl:

EDIT: I have some other ideas I would like to test now that we have more than a 10 minute window. I would like to see if mission annotations somehow make it into the screen, or if there is a way to do manual annotations. This way you could at least take down the coordinates of something like the target or exfil location and mark it on the map.

Great News, Wombat.

I may have to skin an AWACS bird and put the Air Commodore in the left seat. :icon_rock:

I was reading up on it last night; one of the 0.9.1 features is the abilty to have it provide a persistent BRAA between points. So you could control-right click my plane, drag it to the bandit, and release and it should constantly update the BRAA for an easy call.

With some of the upcoming stuff in 1.0, you might actually be able to give us taxi directions on the ground as well.

"Turn left...watch out for that hangar... :doh2: " :rofl:

EDIT: I have some other ideas I would like to test now that we have more than a 10 minute window. I would like to see if mission annotations somehow make it into the screen, or if there is a way to do manual annotations. This way you could at least take down the coordinates of something like the target or exfil location and mark it on the map.

Thanks HF. Be on-line sometime soon. Busy with bike today, my time.

@ Home Fries.

I'm now home. Back to my PC. I've installed LotATC 4 DCS on to the PC. (Hope this is not cheating .......... its only used by me on either my Notebook or my PC ..... ). I've got so much more bandwidth on the PC (100Gb a month I think). Suggesting I do my training on the PC (32bit and external module). Maybe we'll need to set up the ports ......

Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem with the license; personal licenses are supposed to be to the person, which is to say that you can have it installed on multiple PCs, but can only be using the program on one PC at a time. It's business licenses that are machine specific (or floaters) and that's a number of installations vs. actual users.

EDIT: BTW, hit me up on Raptr when you're ready.

Shouldn't be a problem with the license; personal licenses are supposed to be to the person, which is to say that you can have it installed on multiple PCs, but can only be using the program on one PC at a time. It's business licenses that are machine specific (or floaters) and that's a number of installations vs. actual users.

EDIT: BTW, hit me up on Raptr when you're ready.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for today. It works, but gets slower ............................ and slower ....................................................................... and slower when running. Everything else is accessible (providing LotAtc is in a windowed mode), but LotAtc together with all other internet site connections just finish up freezing. If I close LotAtc and rejoin, its goes through the same process until an error message appears. Its as if so much data is being received it gets data overload. Now that I can close LotAtc down without having to re-boot my computer, lets do it again and get details of the error message.

Also we should try the 64bit version on my Notebook (with it 3G modem) to see if that improves it.

I think its worth persevering with, it look fun. :thumbsup:

Question: What does the AWACS (ie. LotAtc) see that the pilot cannot?

@ HF. Does this look OK in terms of slowing the connection?

FireWallProblem_zpsabe57bbf.jpg

@Wombat,

I don't know much about the software firewall settings; Neph will have to pipe in here.

As for AWACS, it's not that the fighter can't see what the AWACS sees, it's just that he has to be looking in the right place, whereas the AWACS radar is omnidirectional and very long range and can therefore see a lot more at once. For example, an AWACS can see a strike package coming over the mountains, and can radio the airbase to scramble fighters. Once the fighters are airborne, AWACS gives them a BRAA to the incoming package, at which point the fighters can point their radars to the right azimuth, adjust the scan elevation, and get a decent range solution (especially helpful if the package is active jamming). Imagine having to do all of that without help in the F-16 (TAW doesn't count).

AWACS also has a more robust Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) and Non-Cooperative Target Recognition (NCTR) systems to help identify bogies and identify them as hostile. Additionally, since they've seen them for a while, they have enough situational awareness to classify them as "outlaw" if they know where they're coming from, but can't definitely identify them as hostile.

There's more to it, but the AWACS is the big eye in the sky with more electronic toys to play with. This is why they're the most heavily protected air assets in a combat environment (jammer aircraft being #2).

For the bug, I plan on posting a report on DArt's forum. I'm going to say the updates and program responsiveness started to deteriorate consitently at about the 3 minute point. Is that correct?

@Wombat,

Please see the link above and upload your LotAtc client log to the thread. It should be in your Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder.

@Wombat,

Please see the link above and upload your LotAtc client log to the thread. It should be in your Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder.

Done ...... with help from HF.

Client LotAtc really worked well on my Notebook today. Its the 64bit version. HF on the Server end.

Bloody hell!!! :whoa:

DCS: A10A ......64bit Vista partition on my PC.

Looks almost real .....

VistaDCS_zps542b73f4.jpg

Is that FC2, Wombat?

The new A-10A cockpit in FC3 is even better.

DCS_FC3_5.jpg

Supposedly we're getting the 6DOF Su-25T and Su-33 in 1.2.8. :icon_rock:

@Wombat,

Looks like the bug may be with XP and not fixable (since XP developer support has been dropped), so if you use LotATC on your desktop you may want to use the x64 client in Vista.

Is that FC2, Wombat?

The new A-10A cockpit in FC3 is even better.

DCS_FC3_5.jpg

Supposedly we're getting the 6DOF Su-25T and Su-33 in 1.2.8. :icon_rock:

WOW!!! That's great.

Amazed this bloke could land let alone taxi. ;)

wheel_zps6f3cbe08.jpg

@Wombat,

Looks like the bug may be with XP and not fixable (since XP developer support has been dropped), so if you use LotATC on your desktop you may want to use the x64 client in Vista.

Yes. I've read the posts at the LotAtc Forum. Its not worth DArt working on XP fixes. XP is history. I've installed the LotATc Server and Client sofware to my x64bit Visa partition. DCS World runs here very well. I've followed the steps suggested by Azrayen at the Forum regarding setting up a dummy server. I can actual run a DCS World mission, with AI, on the Server and then join as a Client. Only thing is it only shows the Map and no aircraft icons. Maybe I'm not using the right port forwarding addresses. However will try with you sometime as the server, to see if I can join on the Vista partition.

PS. Downloading updates for DCS World. 5.7Gb!

PS. Downloading updates for DCS World. 5.7Gb!

:dancinguy:

We could definitely use some company in the A-10A the next time we fly Asset Extraction.

EDIT: Don't forget about my TARGET profile; you'll really want it for FC3. Neph and I both use it so we can give you pointers as well.

:dancinguy:

We could definitely use some company in the A-10A the next time we fly Asset Extraction.

EDIT: Don't forget about my TARGET profile; you'll really want it for FC3. Neph and I both use it so we can give you pointers as well.

Now it won't let me into the 'pit! :angry: Actual I don't think its loading properly. I'm positioned at the aircraft's "six" and have no control. This is with each of the A10C, FC3 and SU25 modules. However no problem with Black Shark, but that's running through Steam.

Hit me up on Raptr. The program has changed a bit since you ran it last, so I need to bring you up to speed on how to do things.