Rise of Flight

No105_Archie

Any of you guys try this ? I have not had a sim on my PC for several years and downloaded the free vesrion I dusted off my Saitek X45 as well. Tried a quick mission in a Spad and could not see a thing , nor could I seem to control the AC at all.

Is it just that I am REALLY rusty or is the game a dud ?

I haven't tried it Arch, but from all the reviews I have read, and the big following the game has, it gets pretty high marks. You probably need to work with the in-game settings, and possibly your Saitek as well. Did you try it in single player or online?

Yeah, it's considered a great multiplayer game. I hear the offline campaign is kinda sterile.

Wings Over Flanders Fields sounds like the offline WWI ticket. Very dedicated following.

Thirdwire's First Eagles is worth a look, too.

No not you Arch, there is a steep learning curve and a lot of tweaks. I tried it and it was difficult and could not see very well let alone fly the plane very well. I hopped on you tube and looked at the videos of people playing for first time to set up. Joker correct abut over flanders fields the game you can set up on MS combat flight sim. It was an excellent program with an awesome campaign. I had a great campaign going on my 13th mission tooling along over no mans land and boom got nailed with ack ack killing me. So lot's of surprises built in. But for Rise of flight, check out youtube and watch some of the better players. It is really an amazing game if you have the rig and it looks like trak ir!

Don't have track IR and no plans to get it ...will check out you tube ..thanks

That's what I thought about Track IR, then I did buy it, now I can't fly without it. I'm still using my old Track IR 3-Pro, it just won't die.

I would love Trak IR too Joker, but my wife considers me the biggest loser as it is flying sims online! If I sat there moving my head around to boot it would put her over the edge. she has done the "L" for loser sign with her fingers on her forehead so much she has a permanent "L" on it!

Well, gents, I love my TIR with a passion usually reserved for the other sex, because it not only frees up more keys, etc, on my Stick, but brings you closer to true flying simulation, where you can hang your head outside the 'pit and watch all the pretty blue flames exiting the exhausts! Seriously, like Stans I still use my TIR3 and have a hard time flying without it. Of course, it takes some getting used to, as it's quite sensitive, but that can be turned down, so if you sneeze you don't finish up in the other guys exhaust, so go for it, CJ and Joker, and ignore the sneers of jealousy from the less gifted among us! BTW, I found that simply asking the missus whether she'd rather I played with my Flight Sim or became a regular at my local Pub solved the problem of the "L!"

Well, gents, I love my TIR with a passion usually reserved for the other sex, because it not only frees up more keys, etc, on my Stick, but brings you closer to true flying simulation, where you can hang your head outside the 'pit and watch all the pretty blue flames exiting the exhausts! Seriously, like Stans I still use my TIR3 and have a hard time flying without it. Of course, it takes some getting used to, as it's quite sensitive, but that can be turned down, so if you sneeze you don't finish up in the other guys exhaust, so go for it, CJ and Joker, and ignore the sneers of jealousy from the less gifted among us! BTW, I found that simply asking the missus whether she'd rather I played with my Flight Sim or became a regular at my local Pub solved the problem of the "L!"

That is pretty much what solved most of the issues between me and my wife when it comes to my hobbies. She knows if I am flight simming or at the target range that means I'm not somewhere I should not be.

Well, gents, I love my TIR with a passion usually reserved for the other sex, because it not only frees up more keys, etc, on my Stick

You have keys on your stick? Did you have some kind of injury? Birth Defect? Special "Enhancement" surgery? :D

Yep, I just tell La Madre, "I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't use drugs. So I sit in front of a computer for awhile, sometimes. Would you prefer I be sitting in front of a stage full of strippers?" :)

I wish you hadn't said that! There's a great YouTube video..................................................Forget it!

I just installed ROF demo. Let's see how it is.

Yep, I just tell La Madre, "I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't use drugs. So I sit in front of a computer for awhile, sometimes. Would you prefer I be sitting in front of a stage full of strippers?" :)

That's a great line! :thumbsup:

I would love Trak IR too Joker, but my wife considers me the biggest loser as it is flying sims online! If I sat there moving my head around to boot it would put her over the edge. she has done the "L" for loser sign with her fingers on her forehead so much she has a permanent "L" on it!

Just make sure you get the TrackClip pro and attach it to your headset. That way you won't accidentally leave the room wearing a ball cap with 3 reflectors on it. :lol:

I'm also still using the reflector clip for a baseball cap. I actually like it since I can just wear that and use speakers if I am home alone. I do use headphones when others are around as they may not appreciate hearing air traffic control giving me endless vectors for an IFR instrument approach. Hearing those sorts of things can bring out the "loser" finger gesture.

My wife plays computer games via Facebook. Bubble Bitch or something like that. She doesn't mind my sim play for the same reasons Joker gave. Except . . . . . I haven't been in a bar for . . . um . . . must be twenty years or more. So she might not be too worried after all . . . . .

That "L" gesture. Are you sure it doesn't mean something else? "Love you." "Leave me the hell alone." "Like hell you will." Or maybe she's just signaling that she has Laryngitis and won't be speaking for a while. :)

No, that's not likely, is it?

OG

My wife plays computer games via Facebook. Bubble Bitch or something like that. She doesn't mind my sim play for the same reasons Joker gave. Except . . . . . I haven't been in a bar for . . . um . . . must be twenty years or more. So she might not be too worried after all . . . . .

That "L" gesture. Are you sure it doesn't mean something else? "Love you." "Leave me the hell alone." "Like hell you will." Or maybe she's just signaling that she has Laryngitis and won't be speaking for a while. :)

No, that's not likely, is it?

OG

Oh, that "L" sign definitely means she won't be speaking for a while. :lol: