Desperately seeking Susan!

Whizkid

Bet that got your attention, eh? Not really true, but I am desperately seeking to replace my X-52 HOTAS as the rudder control went tits-up, and although I tried to fix it, no go. Lots of info on the Net, too, but it tanked. More info in the "Hardware and Controllers" section. I tried to buy on EBay but I don't trust used ones and they want a fortune for new ones. Maybe you have one gathering dust in the attic, eh? Just PM me, please.

Have you considered the X55? It's getting some good reviews, supposedly has better programming software, and also supports 2 throttle axes. The only downside I can think of is if you fly sims that only recognize a single controller, as both components are USB.

The other solution might be to pick up some CH rudders and just lock down the X52 twist axis. Once you go to pedals you really have no use for the twist rudder anyway. You can usually find CH pros for under $100 new, and given that CH is fairly bulletproof I wouldn't have a problem buying a used set either.

Thanks for your kind words, HF, but I suddenly found somebody selling just the stick on EBay, so for $35 and free shipping I bought it, with my fingers crossed that it will work with my existing throttle. If it doesn't, well, I don't lose much and back to square one!