Great read "unbreakable"

cobraj

Just read the kindle version of "unbreakable" the story of louie Zamperini. Amazing life from a troubled youth, to Olympic runner in the 1936 Olympics, b-24 bombardier, Japanese pow.. goes on and on. How this guy lived to be over 90 years old amazing! I never go to the movies, but may go to see this one on the big screen!

And to put in my two cents, I just finished "Hour of the Fox" which is a Richard Rohmer novel about the attempt by the German Generals led by Rommel to create an Armistice with the Allies after the Normandy Landings. Fascinating!

ooops..senior moment.. The book is called "unbroken" thanks for pointing that out Mikew! cheap to get on your kindle.. going to download "rebel yell" Next about stonewall Jackson next.. early Christmas gift for me! My great grandfather fought for the south in company B 18th Alabama so I am really a civil war buff!

My great-great grandfather served in the 4th Iowa Cavalry. He died on the steamboat DA January in 1863, probably of illness contracted while stationed at Helena, Arkansas. Members of the Hume family served in both armies.

I guess you could say I'm also a Civil War buff. :)

Jim