Menu Screen won't Display-help!

Bede19025

Hi. I'm trying to run TAW 2.0 on my Win 8 computer.

It starts and the spalsh screen comes up, but it just stays there. The menu buttons are there underneath it, and I can click around blindly, but i can't see the buttons.

Makes it hard to configure, select.

Any advice?

Thanks for any help, and thanks for your work to make this sim available again. I spent many hours gettign shot down playing TAW!

Now if you could get EF2000 working on modern machines I'd buy you a beer! (Or a few cases!)

First, make sure you are running the TAW 2.30 beta; 2.22a is not compatible with Windows 8.

Once you install the TAW 2.30 patch, follow the instructions in that thread to ensure that the compatibility options are unchecked. Uncheck them if they are still checked.

Hopefully, that should fix the issue.

Regarding EF2000, I like Stella Artois, thank you very much! :D But mikew deserves the lion's share of the beer.

That fixed the menu problem. Thanks!

However, the game doesn't let me run at anything above 800x600, even though that's an option. Any suggestions there?

Also, did you know that Steam is selling " Eurofighter Typhoon"? It doesn't work very well ( if i dont run it in windowed mode it's a slideshow) but they're charging for it anyway. :)

Thanks again for your help.

Anything above 800x600 is not directly supported by TAW, but is done through an EXE hack or using a Glide Wrapper. Look at your options screen on the TAW Launcher; that's where much of the magic is done. If you go with the 1024x768 Direct3D option, you need to run the TAW Options menu from here as well.

I did see Typhoon on steam, but unfortunately that's a seriously watered down game with a good graphics engine. I prefer the original EF2000 by a large margin.

Anything above 800x600 is not directly supported by TAW, but is done through an EXE hack or using a Glide Wrapper. Look at your options screen on the TAW Launcher; that's where much of the magic is done. If you go with the 1024x768 Direct3D option, you need to run the TAW Options menu from here as well.

When i select the D3D 1024 option and then select configure 1024 option it launches the game. Is that supposed to happen?

Thanks again.

When i select the D3D 1024 option and then select configure 1024 option it launches the game. Is that supposed to happen?

Thanks again.

Yes, this is supposed to happen. It's a workaround because the program will otherwise crash when you go to the options menu with 1024 enabled.

If you're going to use D3D 1024, I strongly recommend reading the TAW 2.0 Manual Addendum so you understand the workarounds.