COMBATSIM Forum

Returning member from 1999

Hi All!

I quietly exited Combatsim back in the exodus of 2000. During a bout of nostalgia I ended up going through some of the Combatsim forum archives and figured I would join up and say hey!

So what's been happening the last 16 years here? Leave nothing out...lol.

Seriously...nice to see the site still going and hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers!

:D

Hey Force10,

Welcome back, even if it's just to say "Hi".

Things are pretty quiet around here, but the few who are here are mostly long timers from back in the day.

Donster does the news on the main CSIM site and posts regularly here in the forum. Stan's replies to every post, mostly, which is nice.

Old Guy, CobraJ, Rommel, and a few of the other old guard make appearances now and then.

What have you been up to all these years? Still simming, or have you moved onto other genres of games?

Thanks Dude!

I've been retro simming more than anything else lately. I have some of the oldies installed right now...Jane's F-15 &18, Mig Alley, Falcon 4 (BMS)...etc. I have newer sims too...they just lack the immersion of the oldies, so I ignore the ugly graphics and enjoy them for what they are. I also enjoy other genres as well...sort of a gaming "slut" when it comes to genre...lol.

How about yourself? Flying? Gaming at all?

Edited by Force10
format
15 hours ago, Force10 said:

Hi All!

I quietly exited Combatsim back in the exodus of 2000. During a bout of nostalgia I ended up going through some of the Combatsim forum archives and figured I would join up and say hey!

So what's been happening the last 16 years here? Leave nothing out...lol.

Seriously...nice to see the site still going and hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers!

:D

Welcome back, Force10!  So much has changed, especially in the last 10 years.  It's good to see old members returning.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Stan's replies to every post, mostly, which is nice.

And also start a fair number of daily "good morning" posts, post a few obits, and news from the warbird community.

21 hours ago, Donster said:

Welcome back to the loonie bin Force10! Us old farts still won't leave. Kind of like relatives that come to visit and never go back home!:lol:

Yeah, Benjamin Franklin said it best.  "Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." :lol:

On 18/11/2016 at 7:17 PM, Force10 said:

Thanks Dude!

I've been retro simming more than anything else lately. I have some of the oldies installed right now...Jane's F-15 &18, Mig Alley, Falcon 4 (BMS)...etc. I have newer sims too...they just lack the immersion of the oldies, so I ignore the ugly graphics and enjoy them for what they are. I also enjoy other genres as well...sort of a gaming "slut" when it comes to genre...lol.

How about yourself? Flying? Gaming at all?

Flew IL-2 Pacific Fighters regularly from its pre-release beta up until the latest Cliffs of Dover came out, as well have been playing ArmA steadily since its initial release.

Lately, haven't been flying IL-2 at all, just running and gunning in ArmA3. Mind you, I do fly helicopters in that, so I haven't hung up my HOTAS just yet.

The only genre slutting around I've been doing lately was play the Myst series followup called Obduction. I enjoyed it :)