COMBATSIM Forum

Morning y'all, 73F, cloudy and wet. Showers and thunderstorms this morning, cloudy this afternoon and a miserably humid high of 89F as the remnants of tropical storm Cindy push moisture into the east coast.

Morning all. 67F under cloudy skies and very humid. An inch of rain fell overnight. But the day will improve as the day goes on. Partly sunny. Breezy and cooler. Wind out of the NW at 15-25 MPH. High of 77F.

Heading out to the airport this morning to take a tour on the B-17 "Aluminium Overcast". She is on tour and here for a few days. Going along with some of my neighbors, one who was in the Air Force during the Vietnam war, and a Navy Vet who served during the Korean war. Should be fun. Wish I had an extra $500 laying around so I could take a flight on the B-17!

On 6/23/2017 at 7:32 AM, Donster said:

Morning all. 67F under cloudy skies and very humid. An inch of rain fell overnight. But the day will improve as the day goes on. Partly sunny. Breezy and cooler. Wind out of the NW at 15-25 MPH. High of 77F.

Heading out to the airport this morning to take a tour on the B-17 "Aluminium Overcast". She is on tour and here for a few days. Going along with some of my neighbors, one who was in the Air Force during the Vietnam war, and a Navy Vet who served during the Korean war. Should be fun. Wish I had an extra $500 laying around so I could take a flight on the B-17!

Well... did you go?  If you did, I'll not ask if you had a good time, no sense in asking silly questions.

Yep. Beautiful weather. It had been almost twenty years since I had seen "Aluminum Overcast." Was close to a hundred elementary school kids there. Ages I would guess around 7-9 years old. Good to see them there, getting a true history lesson.

20170623_110758_zpskxyvbwkx.jpg

20170623_114322_zpszk31u1at.jpg

4 hours ago, Whizkid said:

Now that's what a real airplane looks like!

And what a hell of a wingspan!

If it ist bik zhat ekzites vou zhen vou schould be vedy ekzitedt by zhe vingzpan of zhe Gigant.

20161003221029.jpg

Zhe Gigant vas zo bik it kould hav aktually liftedt Herr Dumzter into zhe air.

Donnie, I'm glad you got to go!  It's always great, in my opinion, to be able see and touch pieces of history.

Fink... just shut up.  How many Gigants survived the war?  None, they were all either shot down or bombed to bits on the ground.  You lost, we won, get over it.