Il-2 Patch tomorrow...SUPPOSEDLY

Gunny

Least ways that's what being said over at the pit. Course now there's a catch. Some how, 1c's link to the patch (which is for beta-testers only) got leaked out as the official down load. The bandwidth that was sucked up is going to cost them tons of money and the patch may not be released. Not that it really matters to folks playing PF since there's nothing really in there for PF anyway.

There's stuff in there for PF...like...ummm...oh yeah runway markers!

Oh and we can Alpha test the BoB FMs.

:ph43r:

I take anything said there with a grain of salt. Plus some of these supposed leaks makes me wonder if the supposed leak isn't an inside job, it puts me in the mind of: "If we say the bandwidth hit made Ubi annoyed it so we can't release it tommorow but have to wait until they say okay then we can work for 'two weeks' more!"

"DA!"

Yeah I'm probably being paranoid but I do get the feeling that people are out to get me.

:unsure:

Naw, it was 1c's site what got pounded. They haven't released it to Ubi for distribution.

Well let me come up with another equally paranoid theory then okay?

Could take a while though because I got other stuff to do. :lol:

I guess I'm too stupid to understand, but how exactly does the on-official downloading of the patch today cost Ubi any more than it would if officially downloading it tomorrow? Other than the fact you can never get a new patch from their servers until it's been out several days. They seem to rely on the goodness of others who post mirrors when a new patch is released. I think this time they out smarted themselves. If that's possible? ;)

I agree with Schatten. I've thought too (and posted on SimHq some time ago) that it seems too coincidental that every beta and now a major patch seems to be "leaked" with regularity.

Rjel

I agree with Schatten. I've thought too (and posted on SimHq some time ago) that it seems too coincidental that every beta and now a major patch seems to be "leaked" with regularity.

Gotta be careful with that crazytalk Rjel, lots of sites will get a pitchfork mob ready along with the dogs if you say something "against" FB/PF. :lol:

Why they do this shows how divisive even the smallest thing can be with this game anymore, and while I understand that trolls are bad and you shouldn't encourage them, I've seen too many threads asking valid questions be locked and the guy that started it get virtually lynched to really bother with posting my thoughts on any of them. There's definately an "us" and "them" division in the while Il-2 community right now, one group hates the sim and can't see any good, the other loves it and thinks Oleg can do no wrong. I'm in the middle, much like most of the people here I think.

I mean I like PF, but...and this is a huge but...I'm really disappointed in the fact that it's getting less development attention than FB is even though the newer game is usually the flagship of a line. Not the case here and just scanning the objects included list in the new patch shows where the interest on Oleg's part lies. But instead of coming out and saying that we get mysterious lawsuits, "two weeks", MIA team members, elusive 3rd discs and the like.

I'd be happier with straight answers, even if they're not the ones I want, than the smoke and mirrors that's been happening of late. But that's just me.

I think misinformation is historical with these guys...how about the AI flightmodel being the same as the player all this time? Oh and the third CD issue (yeah right). And all the free updates were were getting just weeks after the release of PF. And this patch leak thing. Possibly other things to do with a certain aircraft manufacturer... I would not put it past them.

EDIT: Shatten types faster than me apparently :lol:

I think misinformation is historical with these guys...

Sure, these guys are products of the Soviet system, after all.

One day, Oleg is gonna airbrush PF right outta the 1C catalog ...

:lol:

You may be closer to the truth than anything in that statement Joker. Oleg never wanted to do this in the first place. It doesn't really surprise me that support is getting cut short.

The link I got it from (posted at SimHq) is now unavailable. I've no idea if the patch I have is complete so I'll be grabbing the "official" release for sure.

I'm enjoying my time with it so far though!

Ogs.