Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Star Trek: Discovery

Meh!

On the plus side:
A new ST series. :woohoo:

On the negative side:
Why the timeline just Before TOS?
...this restricts dramatically the subject matter..
.....so we end up with standard Klingon relations which has already been done to death.

I'll take your word for it.  I have not kept up with the Star Trek series since Deep Space Nine.  I do understand that setting the time line to just before the original series will seriously limit the new series.

Well, I hope it improves.

It's a bit dark and angst-ridden right now, where ST should be upbeat and optimistic about the future of humanity as TOS and TNG were.
There's also that SJW nonsense that's supposed to feature a lot in this series. :(

..and they've reimagined the Klingons again, and in a totally crap way.

I was looking forward to watching it.........until I found out that I'd have to pay extra for CBS All Access to see it. They can kiss my butt. :grrr:

Saw a bit of it, not sure what to think. Not sure why I was able to see it, I am not subscribed unless cbs did it to get people to subscribe. Now watching the Orville. It is a train wreck , but can't stop watching. I am not sure if the Orville wants to be serious or stupid.. it is both so confusing. 

The first episode was on 'normal CBS' whetever that means. For us, it's on Netflix.

I need to check out 'The Orville'..if it's on one of the things I subscribe to.

Now that's Season 2 of ST:D out of way, and a dramatic improvement over Season 1 it was too. :thumbsup:

Sets things up nicely for Season 3...

you know MikeW as stupid as the Orville can get, it does have it's moments. I find myself laughing and getting seriously involved in a serious plot twist! but rate it a solid 3.4 out of 5 stars! I guess I miss picard and kirk..