I'm back , did i miss anything

Red

Hey guys im back and the new pc is pretty slick so far but i have to reload all my games and what not so ill let you know when im up and running fully

Whaddyamean the computer died?

Did you and Stans buy the components from the same place?

:unsure:

Okay that seals the deal, not only am I never getting another computer, but I'm going to have to figure out how to make a Windows emulator for my Commodore 64, I mean I have 3 of them and they all still work so...yeah I'm gonna get right on that.

:ph43r:

None of my components released any of their secret smoke, I just had problems getting everything installed and set up properly. The longer this one runs, the better it seems to run, which is kind of weird. I'm used to such things with engines, but electronic components should not really need much of a break in period. Electronics should be an all or nothing proposition.

None of my components released any of their secret smoke, I just had problems getting everything installed and set up properly.  The longer this one runs, the better it seems to run, which is kind of weird.  I'm used to such things with engines, but electronic components should not really need much of a break in period.  Electronics should be an all or nothing proposition.

Johnny.GIF

Whaddaya mean it died? Wasn't it tested at the shop/factory? Generally speaking, if a new computer or component is going to die, it will do it almost immediately.

Stan, read the post, Red's pc DID die almost immediately. Sheesh.

I think the typical burn-in time for a pc is about 8 hours, I guess his got just about to the end of the first 8 hours before dying. This is where a good warranty helps with the cost, but it sure doesn't make up for the loss of enjoyment. :(

I've contacted the the guys who setup my pc and they have said , bring it in and they will fix asap no worries , so hopefully i should have a pc back by wednesday since they will have to order me new parts

Looks like the culprit was the nvidia 6800pci graphics card , depending on stock in perth i could have it back tommorow or wednesday as first stated

Stag i had my first real game of OFP running in full mode and it was great fun am looking forward to the addon pack you have made :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had my first game of PF with everything on excellent and ground on perfect , it was smooth as silk.

Just have to wait it out now

Up-Date - The Motherboard , Graphics card and ram are all being sent back as early life failure when the guys did more tests faults started showing up everywhere so im basically getting a new pc , due late Friday afternoon , the tech said he had never seen anything like it before

Up-Date - The Motherboard , Graphics card and ram are all being sent back as early life failure when the guys did more tests faults started showing up everywhere so im basically getting a new pc , due late Friday afternoon , the tech said he had never seen anything like it before

You using a good surge protector?

The house fully surge protected and the computer and moniter run off of a second surge protector as well and i think there is a surge protector on the power point as well , so yes i think im covered in the power department , i think i just got a faulty batch of stuff..........it happens , in my 10 yrs at work i saw that kind of stuff all the time , straight out of the box and kaput , as they say crap happens