Solid 5th place for Mark Martin at Pocono!

Stans

So Mark finished 5th and moved up to 5th overall in the points race! :thumbsup: And what is with Ryan Newman? Who is making the pit stop decisions? Left front tires going flat on a number of cars, everyone taking two or four tires on the last pit stop of the race except for Ryan, who took gas only. :blink: What was the result? Hitting the wall just a few laps short of the finish. <_< And another bad day for Dale Earnhardt, Jr. :(

Another good day for Rousch and Ford!

Congrats to Carl Edwards and Mark Martin. Ya just can't beat a blue Ford!

:thumbsup:

Jeff Gordon finished in the top ten, too, so he's making a move. But what was up with the left-front tires, today -- I thought ovals chewed up right-front rubber ... ?

:huh:

Not all of the drivers had problems with the left front, probably some of the cars had the suspensions set up and put too much pressure on that tire, plus riding the rumble strip doesn't help. And no, I am not president of the Mark Martin fan club, but this is his last full season of racing, he has finished second in the points race three times and I just want to see him retire in first place.

Not all of the drivers had problems with the left front, probably some of the cars had the suspensions set up and put too much pressure on that tire, plus riding the rumble strip doesn't help. And no, I am not president of the Mark Martin fan club, but this is his last full season of racing, he has finished second in the points race three times and I just want to see him retire in first place.

Me too, Stans. I like MM!

:)

LONG POND, Pa. (AP) - After a record-setting qualifying lap, Michael Waltrip ran well Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

But at end of the Pocono 500, he wasn't sure how well. Neither was NASCAR.

"I think I passed him, and then the caution came out," Waltrip said of Nextel Cup points leader Jimmie Johnson. "I know I passed him but it might not have been before the caution."

So, when the computer spit out the numbers, Waltrip was credited with finishing sixth, behind Mark Martin and just ahead of Johnson. Later, the scoring was amended with Waltrip fifth, Johnson sixth and Martin seventh.

Such things were never so complicated. Until last year, the cars raced back to the finish line then slowed under caution. At the line was all the electronic equipment that virtually guaranteed accuracy.