COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Guy

Not enough characters . . .

I knew the ranks were getting pretty thin around here, but I just did a little investigating and it's worse than I thought.

Why was I interested?  I needed one or two more victims characters in Exiled and was surprised at the few remaining regulars.

Canuck last posted in 2013.  I know he can't hang about with us lowlifes any more, being a senior officer in the Forces and all, but it would be nice to hear how he's doing.  Does anyone know?

Zhukov, Ogdens, and Spectre all posted last in 2014.  Spectre is a serious loss as he was my standard villain for a long time.

Stag hasn't been here since 2015, although he may be doing the ARMA thing.   Chopper dropped by in 2016 and hasn't been seen since.

Geg posted last month.  Archie and Red were here back in July.  Hopefully they'll still show up every now and then.

There are others.  Some I would have sworn were on board within the last two or three years, but their last post was eight to ten years ago.  So much for my memory.

Of course, there are always those fictional regulars.  Anubis is useful when he's not busy fleecing the Priest of Set.  Those clowns really don't understand poker.  Giselle was around for a long time in the beginning, but she and I have sort of drifted apart.  Fick is becoming useful, since he's the figment of some Simian's imagination.  He certainly makes a good golem, even with the multiple personality disorder.  :)

OG

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Fick is becoming useful, since he's the figment of some Simian's imagination.  He certainly makes a good golem, even with the multiple personality disorder. 

Ich do nicht hav multiple perzonality dizorder.  Ich am Tjerman!  Ve Tjermanz keep everyzhink in order zo zhere ist nicht ein dizorder. :D

Fick, Fick.  You're playing a golem with multiple personalities.  And doing a good job of it.  Don't confuse fiction with reality.  Donnie has a terrible time figuring out what is real.  The bigger the boobs the more he believes they MUST be real.  We have to humor him because he has the only keys to the Babe Bunker.

Germans keep everything in order, eh, Fick.  So that's why, when order goes awry, they have so much trouble adapting to reality? 

In some ways, you're lucky.  If you were French you'd live in la-la land all the time.  If British, you'd spend all your days mooning over your lost empire.  If Russian you wouldn't believe in anything except vodka.

Americans, of course, being mongrel conglomerations of all types, are impossible to figure out.  We can't even do it.  That's why we're awash in therapists.

OG :wacko:

I would wager that a few of those AWOL members do drop by on occasion, but don't chime in on the forums for fear of being pulled back in. 

Yeah, yeah ... that's it ... pulled back in :unsure:

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would wager that a few of those AWOL members do drop by on occasion, but don't chime in on the forums for fear of being pulled back in. 

Yeah, yeah ... that's it ... pulled back in :unsure:

So what you are saying about them is???...

Hrmmmfff--- not kwalifiet am I-- to be inkluded unt all  --- Zho only zhe Ami'z are mizzed- vhe vhill korrekt zhat very kwiekly mit zum blitz Blitzkreig klever maneuvrez....

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Fick, Fick.  You're playing a golem with multiple personalities.  And doing a good job of it.  Don't confuse fiction with reality.  Donnie has a terrible time figuring out what is real.  The bigger the boobs the more he believes they MUST be real.  We have to humor him because he has the only keys to the Babe Bunker.

Germans keep everything in order, eh, Fick.  So that's why, when order goes awry, they have so much trouble adapting to reality? 

In some ways, you're lucky.  If you were French you'd live in la-la land all the time.  If British, you'd spend all your days mooning over your lost empire.  If Russian you wouldn't believe in anything except vodka.

Americans, of course, being mongrel conglomerations of all types, are impossible to figure out.  We can't even do it.  That's why we're awash in therapists.

OG :wacko:

Ich am vedy avare of mein gut fvortchune in beink Tjerman.  Und vhere ist zhis "Babe Bunker" all of vou zeem to know of?

1 hour ago, Edwin Rommel said:

Hrmmmfff--- not kwalifiet am I-- to be inkluded unt all  --- Zho only zhe Ami'z are mizzed- vhe vhill korrekt zhat very kwiekly mit zum blitz Blitzkreig klever maneuvrez....

ACHTUNG!  Zhe Fieldmarschall haz vreturnedt!  Ehhhh... by zhe vay Herr Fieldmarschall, vou are avare zhat zhe var ist ovfer und zhe Ami'z von ja?

Herr Rommel, you were not added to the list because you do stop by every now and then. The others seem to have been cured of their mental illnesses and have been able to move on with their lives! :lol:

I am alound, except when Itchie San shows up! He big pain in my ass!

22 hours ago, Subaru said:

Itchie is a big pain in everyone's ass.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:32 AM, Edwin Rommel said:

Herr Rommel, you really need to drop in more often.  Perhaps you could get Herr Fink to straighten up and act like a human being.

22 hours ago, cobraj said:

anyone hear from Mane Raptor?

Nope.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:52 AM, Subaru said:

Subalu, Itchie noie swingie that way! Geisha gilrs onry! Youie must speakie of Helr Fickie-buttpokesan! Youie both rimp wlist types! Lainbow coarition! Lainboy Frag! 

An Stanrie-san. Youie must be crose to Subalu and Helr Fickie-buttbokesan! Maybe youl hemmeloid rook rike Fickie face too! LOTFRMAO!!! :rofl:

So the title of this thread is "Not enough characters".  I vote Citchie Rotchie as having the absolute least amount of (actually none whatsoever) character. <_<