John Wayne

Thomas Watson

Daniel Webster

Eli Whitney

Woodrow Wilson

Cornelius Vanderbilt

Brigham Young

Itchie a Yank? :blink:

Oh and I think the Discovery Channel is doing this same top 100 Americans. And Madonna and Oprah Winfrey in on the list. Just goes to show that the American education system has been on the fritz since the '70s. Friggin' people don't know sh!t about American History or the real deserving people that should be on the list.

:angry:

Top 25

John Adams

Alexander Graham Bell

Thomas Edison

Albert Einstein

Itchie Crotchie

Ben Franklin

Alexander Hamilton

Itchie now living in America! I have find Itchie. time for one of the boys to send Itchie out here!

So Schatt, you're telling us that you're related to Aaron Burr? Very cool.

Well, lemme see ... William T. Sherman used my family's home in Waterloo, Alabama, as his headquarters for a couple of nights, I think it was in 1863 sometime. And I worked for Stephen Bechtel's grandson. That's about as close as I can get to that list.

Good to see Sam Houston up there, though. Not sure about him outranking Andy Jackson, though. And I guarantee you Old Hickory wouldn't be happy about it!

:thumbsup:

Yep, my great-grandmother's maiden name was Burr. :thumbsup:

Pretty cool guy actually, I mean sure he tried to get people to invade Mexico a few years early and all that but hey, I call him a visionary...

What?

:unsure:

Yep, my great-grandmother's maiden name was Burr. :thumbsup:

Pretty cool guy actually, I mean sure he tried to get people to invade Mexico a few years early and all that but hey, I call him a visionary...

What?

:unsure:

That's excellent.

My old college roomate is distantly related to Alexander Hamilton. You two should get together! :D

Yeah, Burr was an interesting fella. You've read the Gore Vidal novel, of course?

My best friend the first 2 years of High School was a Hamilton too, directly related. Everytime I got annoyed with him I'd threaten to take him out back and shoot him...

Him leaving school midway through our Sophomore year and moving far away had nothing to do with me. I swear. :unsure:

And yeah I have the Gore Vidal book, somewhere. I bought it when it came out, started reading it, was in the middle of a move and have no frickin' clue where it is now. :ph43r:

My best friend the first 2 years of High School was a Hamilton too, directly related. Everytime I got annoyed with him I'd threaten to take him out back and shoot him...

Him leaving school midway through our Sophomore year and moving far away had nothing to do with me. I swear. :unsure:

And yeah I have the Gore Vidal book, somewhere. I bought it when it came out, started reading it, was in the middle of a move and have no frickin' clue where it is now. :ph43r:

Yeah, I read that back in high school. Awesome novel (at least I thought so when I was 16).

Those founding fathers were a rowdy bunch ... :)

It's that old? Guess I didn't buy it when it first came out then, at the bookstore it was in the new releases section and this was when I was in...first or second year of college? Must have been a new edition or something.

Ben Franklin was the coolest of the founding fathers though, that guy was craaaaaazy in a way I can really respect. :thumbsup:

It's that old? Guess I didn't buy it when it first came out then, at the bookstore it was in the new releases section and this was when I was in...first or second year of college? Must have been a new edition or something.

Ben Franklin was the coolest of the founding fathers though, that guy was craaaaaazy in a way I can really respect.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, it came out in the mid-1970s. There was a sequel called "1876."

I've read some other Gore Vidal, but "Burr" is his best, I think.

Yeah, Ben Franklin rocked! George Washington is so obvious that he tends to be overlooked, but he was righteous, too.

Well my family history is only partly known. My fathers side is a great mystery. Some day I hope to research it. My late grandmother would never tell any of her own children my fathers or her ancestory, only that my grandfather was German, my grandmother family was Dutch.

My mom's family, did research her family tree. What they found was that my great-great (add a few more greats here) grandfather Kelso, was a doctor in Illinois, and that a young Abe Lincoln would trade him the locations of some of the better fishing holes in the area, in exchange for Kelso's helping him to learn to read and write. He also loaned him books to read etc. This is all documented with the State of Illinois Historical Society.

So I have had many people tell me thru the years, after telling them the above info, that it was my relatives fault for...well you can figure it out yourself.

One thing that bothers me about my dads family is that is there some friggin sinister story of murder, mental illness, (shut up) or Lord knows what else. :blink: