Pacific Fighters Patch v4.01 Released

Donster

I'm wondering if they released the wrong patch now? UbiRazz says the file size is 141 megs. The one I got is 144..... Now this gets posted -

Posted Wed June 15 2005 13:45

I am not sure what happened to torque and why already known things were not corrected. That`s why i said something isnt right. I cant say anything else until i know what`s going on. Will talk to Oleg when he gets to work. All i can say folks.

V!

Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

I know stuff happens, but this patching soap opera is getting tiresome.

Rjel

Dunno but I just tested it since Rjel pointed it out and the Corsair definately seems to have much less torque. I just took off from a carrier without using any of the takeoff trim, went into level flight untrimmed and only had slight roll problems even without using any rudder.

This is weeeeeird.

Either that or they listened to the "there's too much torque in (insert plane of your choice)" whining and dampened all of the torque effects.

Which would be very disappointing.

I agree. The torque belongs in there and it ain't a case of "harder is more realistic". It is just physics. If anything, the leaked patch makes some things easier, like recovery of stalls/spins. I liked the flight model. I think I will sit this one out and see what happens before I get 4.01m. <_<

So the question my fellow aviators is are we using the new patch or staying with the "leaked" patch ????????

Looks like the only difference between the 4.00m and the 4.01m is 1kb, unfortunately it's in the Flight Models data file so...less torque. This really is starting to sound like a case of Oleg* listening to the "too much torque" whining. Yeah there was a lot of torque in WWII airplanes, that's why they invented trim...sometimes I want to smack someone.

What is really irksome is that now all of a sudden when people point out that there should be more torque the same people that used to say things needed to be more complex (when Oleg said/did things that made them more complex) are saying,"Harder doesn't equal more realistic" which is a statement I usually agree with. But in this case I don't one bit, the heavier torque FM in 4.00m appeared more accurate and the 4.01m one appears watered down. To add injury to insult it looks like the spin characteristics are more like 3.04 than 4.00.

(Kevin Klein voice from A Fish Called Wanda): I'm dissappointed!

<_<

EDIT: * I did at first say "them" referring to 1C/Maddox instead of Oleg specifically, but hey like Harry Truman said the buck has to stop somewhere so I figure why pussyfoot around it. Oleg gave in.

Ogs. I think VMF-124 is going back (in my case) or staying with 4.00m, we don't go on the Air Quake DF servers anyhow and just basically fly among ourselves, but the whole drama thing is getting old outta Russia.

Ooops I said too much, Crazy Ivan will show up and send me to...

Oleg's Sim Gulag!

For not following the party line and lining up to praise Oleg for being the Czar of Czims.

You want to see the priorites...look at the dedicated server options...no coop as we over at 124 know all too well.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

*Drinks coffee*

*spits coffee everywhere* Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is getting really old. So 4.00M patch we're staying with? Yes? And can we stay with that forever? Please?

You know, I'm tempted to use the 'uninstall' option. But I won't cos I love flying online, although I've been absent a bit.

Just....eurgh. So much things that can be done with time rather than control freak game developers and fanbois wasting it. For everyone.

Geg, I wish we had a good open architecture combat prop sim to make how we like. There is not one dang one I can think of. We have a good handful of guys here that would be all too happy to make models and skins and even flight models.

Incidentally Crazy Ivan did mention the actual file that concerns the flight models...I spose we can just copy it over and go up to 4.01m while retaining the 4.00m flight models? Is that evil?

I still wonder about Targetware.........nah Rick is going to pull that parking meter out of the ground and hit ME in the crotch with it if I say TARGETWARE again.

Dammit I am going to download that thing. I just have to know. I'll stand behind something solid.

All the Luftwhiners (how do you do that neat little TM thingmie?) are praising Oleg for 4.01, so I think 4.01 will remain as possibly the very last patch for Pacific Fighters. They all praise about how easy it is to get airborn now and stalls are not easy to initiate. The Air Qwacks have been satisfied, all is well in Oleg's Sim Gulag (wish I knew how to do the neat little TM thingmie).

= ( tm ) without the space whoyas.

Merlin, I'll see if I can find a link to the 4.00M and make sure it aint dead. If it is, there are some here who have it so maybe we can hook up an ftp transfer for you.