COMBATSIM Forum
Stans

Friday night...

Time to...

:D

Yes, I remember those days, a simpler time, far fewer responsibilities, always looking for ways to have some fun and so much less technology.  Life was good... except for the economy, which sucked.

To each their own. I sympathize more with these guys, who had their own interpretation of 'Disco Inferno'. :)

Now, I purposely avoided the Bee Gees as their biggest hit album, Saturday Night Fever, has become the anthem of the disco era, much like Kenny Loggins' song "Danger Zone" gets attached to YouTube videos of aircraft of any sort.

Donna Summer was a staple of the disco era and continued to produce new music into the 2000's.  Sadly, she died of lung cancer in 2012, and her cancer is thought to have been the result of inhaling toxic dust from the collapse of the twin World Trade Center Towers.

3 hours ago, Stans said:

Now, I purposely avoided the Bee Gees as their biggest hit album, Saturday Night Fever, has become the anthem of the disco era, much like Kenny Loggins' song "Danger Zone" gets attached to YouTube videos of aircraft of any sort.

Donna Summer was a staple of the disco era and continued to produce new music into the 2000's.  Sadly, she died of lung cancer in 2012, and her cancer is thought to have been the result of inhaling toxic dust from the collapse of the twin World Trade Center Towers.

Wow, either I never knew or just forget that Donna Summer had died. :(

The Bee Gee's music I prefer was their hits from the mid to late 1960's...

And my favorite...

From 1979, the end of the disco era and the beginning of the new wave.  Blondie's "Heart of Glass" was a bit of a blending of the two styles and it was to be her biggest hit.

Hey Stan,  last november I was out with friends at the local diner in Hudson Mass and my wife's friend jumps up and yells.. "Hey that's KC from KC and the sunshine band!" she ran out and talked to him for a bit. then she dragged him in to meet us lol. He was a super nice guy.  we found out he has family and friends in the area and had stopped to walk around our little town!

I much to my wife alway's putting her finger up to her forehead in the  "L" sign for looooooser! was a disco fanatic. Saturday night fever was my life. I worked in a hardware/paint store, had  a friend who would take over the dance floor like Tony! It was a great time with some great friends I will always remember!

14 hours ago, cobraj said:

Hey Stan,  last november I was out with friends at the local diner in Hudson Mass and my wife's friend jumps up and yells.. "Hey that's KC from KC and the sunshine band!" she ran out and talked to him for a bit. then she dragged him in to meet us lol. He was a super nice guy.  we found out he has family and friends in the area and had stopped to walk around our little town!

A lot of these entertainers go out in public and often are not even recognized.

Yes, I have to admit that I, the "Babengrupenfuhrermeister", took in as much of the Disco era as possible, not so much for the music, as the "Babe" availability. I had "steppin' out shoes" with two inch heels, a light blue polyester suit (Lottie made me get rid of it after we got married, as I still had it in 1990), a white open v-neck ruffled shirt and some gold chains. Did a lot of dancing at the Discotheque "Grand Daddys" in Iowa City. It had shag carpeted walls, the lighted dance floor with the big silver ball hanging above it. Place was an old brick factory building re-modeled a few times through the years as various college town bars. Great place to pick up college girls.

yeah Stans I would not have known it was him, my friend had seen KC in a concert not too long ago and that's how she recognized him!