COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Tuesday

Morning y'all, Comcast has turned on the internet in my area... for a few minutes.  Still spotty connectivity.  TV works just fine, but internet and sometimes e-mail will work for a few minutes or a few seconds before being unavailable for several minutes.  Guess that's one way to restrict bandwidth.  Anyway, clear skies and patchy fog across the area and 31F.  Expecting sunshine and a high of 60F.

sorry Stans, 

I was working on a Comcast computer on Monday morning and tripped over a cable that was labeled "comcast Virginia" I plugged it back in a quick as I could..sorry!

19 hours ago, cobraj said:

sorry Stans, 

I was working on a Comcast computer on Monday morning and tripped over a cable that was labeled "comcast Virginia" I plugged it back in a quick as I could..sorry!

I don't think that was the whole problem.  Maybe the mice in the building are chewing on the cables or the hamsters that Comcast uses to power their servers are getting too tired to spin those wheels.  Internet connection problems persist and the live outage map, when I can view it, is not improving.

I did read that Comcast has made a $31 billion cash offer to buy Sky News, outbidding the Disney Corp.  Maybe if they took some of that money and spent it on maintenance and upgrades to their tv, phone, and internet service, those services would be more reliable.

The Data center I worked in in Chelmsford Mass. in the wee hours of Monday was in good shape. It was well set up compared to other Data centers I work in