ARRRRRRRRGGGGH!

Stag

My D: drive, 160GB, of which about 100GB were used for among other things, Operation Flashpoint, PF, image storage and just about everything else has just come up with the message;

"this drive is not formatted, do you wish to format it now?"

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

Man Stag I've been there.

I reccommend finding something...of no particular value...

..take a sledgehammer..

...and some fuel...

....and chainsaw....

....and destroy whatever it is.

You won't recover your data but it'll make you feel good :) Or you could try taking it into a shop. Or rebooting..

Greg send it to Stag or if you can't copy it send it over ill copy it then send it to stag , what ever is easier mate.

Stag what Greg said about destroying something works i have done that on accasion to relieve large amounts of stress , you do feel better.

I think im going to use my old computer as a spare storage unit

Guys I'm right here in the UK, I will send my disc to him and he can just send it back, it won't cost much. I can drop it off tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Stag, that REALLY sucks. What brand was that thing, if it is a 160gb it can't be all that old.

Guys I'm right here in the UK, I will send my disc to him and he can just send it back, it won't cost much. I can drop it off tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Stag, that REALLY sucks. What brand was that thing, if it is a 160gb it can't be all that old.

It stll is a Seagate. I suspect that the fault was external; eg, a virus, or something equally unpleasant or malicious, though so far no culprit has popped up in searches.

I'd just run uninstall on strike fighters (the objects folder was beginning to get out of control) when I noticed things going wrong with firefox; I kept gettin a fault report saying that certain files were corrupted. I shut down and restarted, running chkdsk. when it finished, all seemed well, until I actually tried using apps which used to be on D:

On the plus side the new installation of Strike fighters is running without any missing loadouts whatsoever.