P-47 Recovered

Stans

Yes they are, but with modern machining technology it is possible to make replacement parts faster and cheaper than a few decades ago. These guys didn't even have technical drawings, they back engineered everything. At least with American aircraft, the techincal drawings still exsist. It is possible to build brand new Corsairs, but there would likely be copyright infringements involved. <_<

There is a guy building them almost to full size, but he will not sell his plane or his aircraft. You can also buy a MINI of one too.

It's a bummer we worship bucks more than Heros.

Well, at least until I perfect my time travel machine. Ahh, to go back to the days when there were rows of Corsairs, F4U-1D's, FG-1D's, maybe a stray F4U-1A, and F4U-4's, all parked in the desert, waiting a buyer or the torch, which ever happened to get to them first. I'd like to go back with about $100,000. Figure each one went for around $5000, that's 20 Corsairs..... I can dream, can't I?

Well do you better odds at the time machine or winngin the lottery? I would take one either way.

A guy back home had a Corsir he flew regular and he got a P-51. Frist time he flew it he killed him self. He compensated for the torque the wrong way.

If I won big, I'd probably gravitate towards something bigger, something that would allow me to take friends and family for rides. AD-4 Skyraider? Lockheed Loadstar? Or my personal favorite, B-25 Mitchell. If it was a B-25, I'm afraid it might get painted in two shades of blue with white on the under surfaces. ;)

Ah If I won big, I just buy more Corsairs for my freinds to fly too.

If you're gonna dream, dream big. 124 could be the first virtual to real squadron. Make our bucks flying the airshow circuit. Buy Itch and Rommel some Zero's so we can agress them.