COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Friday

Morning y'all, overcast skies, 75F, very wet, 99% humidity.  Winds have not been bad, just enough to take some leaves off of some of the trees.  Especially the Poplar's, which are first to lose their leaves at the end of summer.  Expecting a cloudy day with a 70% chance of rain, a high of 79F, winds 10-15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.  The eye of Florence is passing over Wilmington this morning and looks like it is beginning to turn to the SW.  Even though my mom had to bring her 3 cats (she's down to 3, last time she had 5), I'm glad she is up here and not down there.

Happy to hear your mom made it to your home safe and sound. And the weather conditions there are not what they could have been. Just be prepared for the cats taking complete control of the house! They are alien life forms you know. ;)

Cats are being kept in large cages as they are known to pee, poo, and puke.  Plus, I am allergic to cats, so I really don't want them wandering all over the house.  Mom is giving very serious consideration to moving back to Virginia.  She may not have a house to return to in SC, we already know the power is out.

"The storm of a lifetime," one media moron called it.

This "storm of a lifetime" became a Cat 1 hurricane last night and is now a tropical storm.  I don't know why the media types all have to enlarge every act of nature into a disaster.

Nevertheless, all that wind and rain will cause damage.  Be glad it wasn't the ravening monster described by CNN and their ilk.

Of course, the fact Florence was a hurricane at all is all Trump's fault.  :)

OG

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

"The storm of a lifetime," one media moron called it.

This "storm of a lifetime" became a Cat 1 hurricane last night and is now a tropical storm.  I don't know why the media types all have to enlarge every act of nature into a disaster.

Nevertheless, all that wind and rain will cause damage.  Be glad it wasn't the ravening monster described by CNN and their ilk.

Of course, the fact Florence was a hurricane at all is all Trump's fault.  :)

OG

Hazel was also classified as the storm of a lifetime.  My mom remembers hurricane Hazel and now Florence, storm of a lifetime.  Is their definition of "lifetime" the same as a lottery definition of "lifetime payments" which is either 20 or 40 years, depending upon the jackpot?

Florence is down to tropical storm force, but it is moving so slowly.  On tv we can see downed trees, but the bigger impact will be flooding from tidal surge and "once in a thousand years" fainfall... which they also had just a few years ago.

And yes, it is Trump's fault.  Approximately 7,200 Americans have died every single day since hurricane Florence made landfall and even before it made landfall!  My wrinkles and gray hair are also Trump's fault.  The failing clearcoat on my Honda... Trump's fault.  My aching right knee... Trump's fault.  I'm typing this after only one cup of coffee... Trump's fault.  Uh-oh, just noticed that my battery powered desk clock has stopped, surely it is a dead battery and that would be... Trump's fault! :lol: