COMBATSIM Forum
Old Guy

Who's Lurking?

You there, in the shadows.  Come on out and tell us who you are.

I see multiple views on Donnie's daily posts (16 on last Thursday) but no footprints of the lurkers.

So I'm easing out from behind this old green vinyl couch and declaring myself a Frequent Viewer.

Hi, there.  My name is Old Guy and I used to spend a lot of time in the Ready Room.  Now I'm just a habitual lurker.  A passing cloud of electrons.  Kind of like Donnie's farts, but less lethal.

There.

Who else is out there?

OG

Reading almost every post (subscribed to CSim via RSS), but rarely answering – I don’t understand temperature in degrees Fahrenheit :-)

Hi, I'm Stans, I'm the designated post responder, responding to all the posts in here.  Not really that difficult of a job these days.  So, OG, are you saying that you have been residing in the Green Vinyl Seating Lounge?

Krycztij, Fahrenheit is easy to understand.  Just boil some water, stick in a thermometer marked in Fahrenheit, allow the  the water to cool to the temperature we report, then stick your finger in the water and you will understand what temperature we are experiencing.  Simple! :D

34 views and only half a dozen posts.  We got some strangers in the place. 

OG

It's the Russians. They are trying to interfere with our forum. Time for The Dude to impose International Sanctions™. Block them from my Babe Posts. It will hurt the Canadian economy, but it's a price that must be paid.

FWIW, most internet traffic (probably 75 % for sites like ours?) is crawlers for search engines. Probably Russian crawlers, though. Only the admin will ever know.

18 hours ago, Krycztij said:

Probably Russian crawlers,

Dem Rusky crawlers done come back heh?  Yep, I remember dem Rusky crawlers from back in de sebenties an' eighties, always layin' just off de coast of Virginy.  Never did cross over into territorial water you see?  But just layed out der pretendin' to be fishin'!  Dey was fishin' too!  Fishin' for intel on our navy!  We need to do somethin' 'bout dees Rusky crawlers. Don't want dem coming back and peepin' on us again.