COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ekcut

Looking for a game

Hey all!

I am looking for a game with the following criteria.

-Air combat...any era.

-Solo campaign

-Squad based, with individual pilots with unique skills and ratings.

-Can be turn based strategy, or flight sim

I remember back in the 90's playing Falcon 3.0.  I had more fun with the squad management as I did with actually flying missions.  Pilots only had 3 ratings, (air2air, air2ground, and flying ability) along with fatigue.  

Are there any games with similar roster management?   Pilots skills progress, and even erode if over used.   I'd love to find something like this.

Thanks!

Welcome to CSim, Ekcut.  It's been a while since I have flown any combat flight sims, but what you described was a popular title in the late 1990's to early 2000's.  European Air War was its title and it was an excellent sim for the time.

17 hours ago, Stans said:

Welcome to CSim, Ekcut.  It's been a while since I have flown any combat flight sims, but what you described was a popular title in the late 1990's to early 2000's.  European Air War was its title and it was an excellent sim for the time.

Thanks.   I checked it out and it looks great.   I have ordered a copy.

Then you will also need to look for some forums with a really strong EAW presence.  It's an old sim and might need some work to get it to run on more modern versions of Windows. 

40 minutes ago, Stans said:

Then you will also need to look for some forums with a really strong EAW presence.  It's an old sim and might need some work to get it to run on more modern versions of Windows. 

This site will probably be your best bet to get EAW to run on your current Windows system.

Check out DCS World, the free-to-play digital battlefield from The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics. Find out more HERE.

Another is IL-2 Sturmovik. It has new generation releases of the original combat flight sim. Check it out HERE.