COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Sunday

Morning y'all, clear skies, light frost and 31F.  Expecting a mostly sunny day with a high of 57F.  Getting closer to reaching our normal daytime high temperatures.

1 hour ago, Stans said:

Morning y'all, clear skies, light frost and 31F.  Expecting a mostly sunny day with a high of 57F.  Getting closer to reaching our normal daytime high temperatures.

I'm hoping we get back up into the 50's over the next week or so. Damn gutter cleaning crew still hasn't showed up. Now they are full of snow and roofs are covered. They were supposed to be out two weeks ago. Phone calls did no good getting them here. F**king contractors this year has been a nightmare to deal with. Including getting bids on remodeling our master bathroom.

59 minutes ago, Donster said:

I'm hoping we get back up into the 50's over the next week or so. Damn gutter cleaning crew still hasn't showed up. Now they are full of snow and roofs are covered. They were supposed to be out two weeks ago. Phone calls did no good getting them here. F**king contractors this year has been a nightmare to deal with. Including getting bids on remodeling our master bathroom.

I am finding that one downside to our current economic boom is that with full employment, there is a lack of people who will do such jobs.  I need a new roof for my tool shed, a 14x10 foot, single story (not really that tall since I can barely walk through the door without hitting my head) structure.  This is a job for a handyman, but so far all I can get are roofing contractors who want a $1000 to put a roof on a $1200 shed.

1 hour ago, mikew said:

There is right way and wrong way to do everything.  Climbing over the fence is the wrong way to seek asylum.  Besides,  domestic and international laws and stipulate that asylum is to be sought in the first foreign country entered and asylum is to be sought for protection from persecution, not just because you think life is better elsewhere.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't!

With the current political climate here in the States, it won't matter what Trump does, he'll be castigated by both sides of the political spectrum.

Just because life is tough in Latin American countries, (my wife was originally from El Salvador) mainly bought on by their own screwed up and vicious politics, doesn't give the occupants the right to dump themselves in another venue, using that countries fractured viewpoints to justify their arrival. I can imagine, as a former Canuck, the uproar that our cousins north of the border would create if we decided to pass these people on!

Of course, as most people would agree, the scenes of families using their children as bait for the Border Guards are despicable, and the possibility of using the whole thing to sneak in drug dealers, etc, shows how important it is to maintain the Legal Entry position, even though it will be even more overwhelmed than it is, and the screaming from the Extreme Left about our Inhumanity will reach fever pitch, we MUST defend our borders, or go down kicking and screaming because our system of Government is the only one that works, (sort of!).

Why the hell anyone would want to be President is beyond me!