NASCAR race 6-26-05 thread

Stans

So let me start off and ask, is Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s career in NASCAR coming to an early end? He did very well in Busch Cup racing, hit the Nextel Cup series like a rocket, this year he has not won, he is way down in the points race, seems to still be making rookie mistakes, and today is already out of the race in only 6 or 7 laps (experimental transmission experiment failed). So is Junior on his way out of the Dale Earnhardt Incorporated team? How much longer is Budweiser going to sponsor a car that consistantly loses and often doesn't even make it to the end of a race?

Junior is driving Michaels car this year. DEI didn't just swap pit crews...they swapped the entire setup, cars, mechanics, body shop, fabricators and all. Junior is not going to do well, until he gets decent equipment.

His contract is through 07, and unless Junior starts acting like an ass in public, his fans will stay loyal to him, and as long as the fans stay, so will Budweiser. Richard Childress has said that if Junior decides to come to RCR, he will get the #3 car...and no one else will drive that number but Junior. Somehow, I suspect, that if he did go to RCR, a lot of people at Hendricks and Roush would have heart attacks :P:D

Boats, who will be at the Pepsi 400 in the Oldfield stands next week, Section C, row 10 :thumbsup:

WOOHOO!

I watched a interview with Jr. I think he has had enough of the crap. As frustrated as he was during the chase last season, he has had it all this season.

I also saw a interview at Jayski.com from Orlando Sentinel, odd he'd do such a long interview with the people who fought for the pics of his dead father. In it he said as it stands now the DEI will still be a 2 car operation next season. Martin is coming up with his crew and all. They are gonna take the 8 and 15 teams and combine them getting the best out of both. Tony Jr. would become once more his crew chief.

I think it is sad for them to talk about Mikey leaving while he is doing so well. It would be classic if he made the chase while the fair haired boy in the 8 did not.