COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
il2crashesnfails

IL-2 Sturmovik crashes and Fails.

Great opening footage on this last one. Flames look impressive and a rather poignant moment when the stricken pilot slumps over dead when the final coup de grâce is delivered.

Are you running a stock version of Battle of Stalingrad? or, does it have any community mods applied?

May I ask what screen recording software you are using? OBS, by chance? 

Do you use anything special to edit your videos? I've found Windows 10's "Photo" app to be surprisingly versatile for creating and mixing clips.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:34 AM, The Dude said:

Great opening footage on this last one. Flames look impressive and a rather poignant moment when the stricken pilot slumps over dead when the final coup de grâce is delivered.

Are you running a stock version of Battle of Stalingrad? or, does it have any community mods applied?

May I ask what screen recording software you are using? OBS, by chance? 

Do you use anything special to edit your videos? I've found Windows 10's "Photo" app to be surprisingly versatile for creating and mixing clips.

Yeah just stock version, I record with shadowplay. I use sony vegas. Ill check the photo app.

That Dornier's rear-facing gunner in that last clip was pretty chill about bailing out :lol:

Great footage :thumbsup:

Are you recording the playback of the track files?

I really liked the track file player in IL-2. Sadly, the one in DCS World is horrible.

Here's a video I created from IL-2 Pacific Fighters track file footage awhile back ... omg! 11 years ago!

On 3/21/2019 at 1:33 PM, The Dude said:

That Dornier's rear-facing gunner in that last clip was pretty chill about bailing out :lol:

Great footage :thumbsup:

Are you recording the playback of the track files?

I really liked the track file player in IL-2. Sadly, the one in DCS World is horrible.

Here's a video I created from IL-2 Pacific Fighters track file footage awhile back ... omg! 11 years ago!

Nice footage, the pacific game setting I think is the best, with the carrier groups etc. I think they might be making a newer version of that now

Il2 battle of stalingrad, has a built in game recorder which is nice.

There were some issues with the carriers that were never addressed and that may have been a limitation of the sim engine.  In order to safely trap all of the AI and player aircraft, you had to exit the sim after successfully trapping, otherwise you had to attempt to park on the edge of the deck and hope that no other aircraft clipped you as the carriers in IL2 lacked the barrier cables found on the real carries of that era.

IL2 was a great multi-player sim and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to fly with the virtual VMF-124 for a while.  Good times!

On 3/24/2019 at 5:24 AM, Stans said:

There were some issues with the carriers that were never addressed and that may have been a limitation of the sim engine.  In order to safely trap all of the AI and player aircraft, you had to exit the sim after successfully trapping, otherwise you had to attempt to park on the edge of the deck and hope that no other aircraft clipped you as the carriers in IL2 lacked the barrier cables found on the real carries of that era.

IL2 was a great multi-player sim and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to fly with the virtual VMF-124 for a while.  Good times!

I recall that if you caught a wire on the carriers, and then put in your chocks, you could just sit there and others could land right on top of you and nobody would blow up.

If you failed to put in your chocks, then yeah, it was massive fireballs of sadness if anyone else's plane touched yours.

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

I recall that if you caught a wire on the carriers, and then put in your chocks, you could just sit there and others could land right on top of you and nobody would blow up.

If you failed to put in your chocks, then yeah, it was massive fireballs of sadness if anyone else's plane touched yours.

Perhaps that was it.  I remember there were some issues, there were issued in real life with the straight deck carriers as well.  The real ones had barrier cables that would stop a bolter from crashing into aircraft that had already trapped and were parked at the front of the deck.  The angled deck carrier solved so many issues.