COMBATSIM Forum
Stans

Wednesday

Morning y'all, guess what day it is!

Clear skies and 41F, expecting a partly cloudy day, but chilly.  Today's high is expected to be 49F.  The weather forecasting wheel continues to spin regarding the coming weekend.  Anything from major snow storm to mixed precipitation and rain.

Morning all. 17F under partly cloudy skies with -2F wind chill. Highest wind gust yesterday was 48 MPH. Another windy day today. Mostly sunny. Brisk with wind chills around zero this morning. Winds out of the NW at 15-25 MPH with gusts up to 40 MPH. High of 23F. 

Finally went to the Doc yesterday, as my cough isn't getting better. Have an  lower respiratory infection so he put me on Antibiotics (Z-Pack). Take that and see if it clears it up.

Looks like a lot of the vertical portions of letters look blue.  Monitor failing?

I don't think, as I only see the  effect on the Combatsim forums.

While I sort it out, would you all please avoid using the following letters:

b, d, ,h, i ,k ,l ,p , t

thank you!

2 hours ago, mikew said:

I don't think, as I only see the  effect on the Combatsim forums.

While I sort it out, would you all please avoid using the following letters:

b, d, ,h, i ,k ,l ,p , t

thank you!

Ekza--y -ow are ve -o --mmun--a-e -f ve -an n-cht uze z-ose -e--erz? --t v--- zound --ke j-bber-sch.

Looks like ClearType failing on the font. You can try right-clicking this text block in your browser, open the developer tools, and try assigning the standard font "sans-serif" (without quotes) to the element. (Depends on the browser, but I know you’re clever and you can use search engines :) ) If "ll" comes out better, then it’s a problem with the forum’s Roboto font. (Why ll is special: Some browsers combine certain letters to ligatures because they look better, but some fonts have poor ligature support.)

Fun fact: on my Linux machine, all capital Ls in captions render wrong, on all websites, no matter the browser.

This is Firefox on Linux, so I'm not sure I want to mess with any settings or it won't work at all.

Easier just to zoom in or out until the problem goes away...

Thanks for your input. There's more to fonts than meets the eye. :)

Probably won't work, but try clearing your browsers cookies and temp internet files. Can't hurt.

Yes, one should always clear temp internet files after a browsing session. :)

I don't get that particular problem using Chrome, so it's probably the fault of Firefox.