Evening all

Donster

Well the toughest day of my life is coming to an end. Said my final goodbyes to the best person I have ever known. Yes she was my mother, but she was even more than that. A woman who never had a bad thing to say about anyone, who was always there to help anybody, if she knew them or not. A woman who lived thru the tough years of the depression, World War II, (Made radio sets at Collins Radio), survived tuberculosis as a young mother of 3, had to spend 3 years in a hospital away from those young children and at times wasn't even supposed to survive the disease. Met my dad who also was a patient, they later married after their release from the hospital. Built a house, during that time when everything was short and rationed for the war. And yet us kids worked hard so she could have her wish and leave this earth from that very same house. We are proud of having been able to do that. It was the very very least we could do for such and amazing lady. She was part of that 'Greatest Generation'. A 4'11" fireball who knew no limits, had endless energy, and love. Goodbye mom.

Again I want to thank you all for your prayers and support, not only for Lottie and myself, but the rest of my family too.

Donnie

I've been so pre-occupied with my own issues lately that I missed Donnie's post about his mother's passing. In fact, I called him on the phone tonight to see how she was doing when he gave me the news.

Donnie and I had a nice long chat and he wanted me to tell y'all that he's doing fine but still in a bit of a fog (which is to be expected). He tried to get online today to do some news and give his mind a little diversion, but his Internet was out.

I talk to Donnie on the phone a fair amount and so I got to know quite a bit about his mom over these past couple years. She was definitely a remarkable lady and you, Donnie, were a very remarkable son along with your brother the way you tended so kindly and generously to her.

All my best to you, Donnie, and to Lottie, and the rest of your family during this difficult time.

Thanks Paddles. Just popped in before heading off to bed. Estate questions and stuff came up today, my family and I are working on these things now. I may head to Wisconsin Saturday just to try to get a break and clear my head. I am exhausted.

I'm so freakin' tired I can't sleep. :( Plus that damn lil' hamster in my head keeps runnin' and runnin' on his little wheel. I hate hamsters. Well except BBQ'd. With a bit of potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, ice cold beer and some watermelon for dessert. Am I ranting? Or is it raving? :blink:

Barbequed hamster, is that anything like sautéed rat?

Oh no no not at all! Sautéed rat is much different. The rat isn't as flavorful, and has more fat content when prepared that way. BBQ'd over an open flame, on a slowly turning spit, drains away that unwanted fat and cholesterol that you don't need. ;)