COMBATSIM Forum

Weekend Music Thread

1 hour ago, Donster said:

Easy. Little People (Midgets).

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner so everyone else stop calling our contest line.  In the 1980's little people were featured in a number of music videos.  By the 1990's their shock value had been used up.

1 hour ago, Stans said:

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner so everyone else stop calling our contest line.  In the 1980's little people were featured in a number of music videos.  By the 1990's their shock value had been used up.

Hey, I actually won that hours earlier. I even had my answer in musical form:

It wasn't my fault I had to do something else before I could post it.

21 minutes ago, mikew said:

Hey, I actually won that hours earlier. I even had my answer in musical form:

It wasn't my fault I had to do something else before I could post it.

Sorry, but Donnie was the first caller with the correct answer.   Keep trying to win our contests and better luck next time!   Now, back to some music.

I don't think those bands imprinted themselves on me like they did for you guys.

38 Special,Journey and Toto sound pretty much the same when played one after the other.

I loved that Boston album when it came out! It was basically one guy wasn't it?

..and the ZZ Top videos were always good value. :)

Yes, Tom Scholz recorded the album in his basement, playing all the instruments. 

Boston is mainly composed of songs written many years prior to their appearance on the album. Scholz wrote or cowrote every song on the first album (with the exception of "Let Me Take You Home Tonight," written by  Brad Delp), played virtually all of the instruments and recorded and engineered all the tracks.

The late Brad Delp was the lead vocalist for Boston, until his suicide on March 9, 2007, by carbon monoxide poisoning at his home in Atkinson, New Hampshire. The Atkinson police discovered his body on the floor of his master bathroom after Pamela Sullivan saw a dryer vent tube connected to the exhaust pipe of Delp's car. Two charcoal grills were found to have been lit inside the bathtub causing the room to fill with smoke. A suicide note was paper-clipped to the neck of his T-shirt, which read: "Mr. Brad Delp. 'J'ai une âme solitaire'. I am a lonely soul." Delp left four sealed envelopes in his office addressed to his children, his former wife Micki, his fiancée, and another unnamed couple. He was 55 years old.

Falco's "Der Kommissar" was not a big hit in the U.S., but After The Fire's version was a major hit and their biggest claim to fame.

As for Randy Rhodes, what a tragic and completely avoidable end to his life.  The bus driver is completely at fault for first stealing an aircraft and then for making low passes over the bus.  That was just stupid and reckless behavior.